pro vs standard chassis difference?

nwoprormk

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if the plain rmk (c-case) has the gold anodized plates on the inside of the tunnel, that join the bulkhead to the tunnel, My 14 pro got tweaked there , as the pro only has the outside aluminum webbed ones. I also have a 12 SBA that has the inner ones and it would never have bent like that. Are those inside ones related to whether or not a chassis has a case vs QDrive. Neither my dealer or Polaris 1-888 could tell me.Spring order is almost over and don't want to order a standard over a pro if there isn't gussets inside of the chassis. That's a weak spot. Vanamburg has made metal ones since the beginning of the pro ride platform, but tearing down a BN sled to install strength means no warranty. Thats not an option. Not that most manufacturer honour there commitment haha

Any help appreciated. Thanx in advance Cory

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if the plain rmk (c-case) has the gold anodized plates on the inside of the tunnel, that join the bulkhead to the tunnel, My 14 pro got tweaked there , as the pro only has the outside aluminum webbed ones. I also have a 12 SBA that has the inner ones and it would never have bent like that. Are those inside ones related to whether or not a chassis has a case vs QDrive. Neither my dealer or Polaris 1-888 could tell me.Spring order is almost over and don't want to order a standard over a pro if there isn't gussets inside of the chassis. That's a weak spot. Vanamburg has made metal ones since the beginning of the pro ride platform, but tearing down a BN sled to install strength means no warranty. Thats not an option. Not that most manufacturer honour there commitment haha

Any help appreciated. Thanx in advance Cory

only assault 155 and 144 have those gussets.

ftx motorsprots make a better kit that is far less disassembled for $125

nwoprormk

Reaction score
Crap...I was hopn the standard would have them. I really dont want another sled like that, but want the narrow stance. Im only 140 lbs and keeping my SBA on edge is a PITA.Plus I ran my SBA without a sway bar... and even with the clickers cranked up I didn't like the body roll. Gonna have to order the assault rmk...then put a timberled front end, or ??? or to get the stance, along with a sway bar.Thought I could save some cash. oh well.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 140lbs also, what stance is on your SBA right now?....I thought you can choose 39.5" with whatever platform for snowchecks?

nwoprormk

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of that. assault rmk don't have a front cooler....that's an issue. Sandard rmk comes with the xtra cooler... the c case. and the rmk narrow stance with all metal lower arms ( no glue).I gonna get the plan rmk and put my own gussets.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of that. assault rmk don't have a front cooler....that's an issue. Sandard rmk comes with the xtra cooler... the c case. and the rmk narrow stance with all metal lower arms ( no glue).I gonna get the plan rmk and put my own gussets.

if your really that concerned about the tunnel do a VA tunnel reinforcement. I put a cat rear bumper on mine, no issues

Top Bottom