PRO RMK Gremlins

rugbynitro

Reaction score
Posted this on another forum.

Stock snowcheck 2012 Pro RMK 163. Mid to low range bog so bad it dropped below clutch engagement a couple of times and felt like it was running on one cylinder when it happened the rest of the time.

Getting worse as time goes on. Started at 400 km's and now have 1500 km's, it was great for a couple of rides after it was at the dealer at 1100 km's but it's back with a vengeance now.

There are five 12's in this area acting up the same way.

Local dealer is looking at it and taking two of the problem 12's to the mountains with mechanics to do some testing with a laptop.

I suspect it's an electrical problem, too inconsistent to be anything else. Typical ride is 5-7000 feet, pulls at 8150 when climbing.

Any ideas?

Remember Polaristar extended warranty doesn't cover electrical problems, so get this sorted out now.

RPMPOWER

Reaction score
I have 2011 800 pro thats givin me greif as well , just like the choke is stuck on the thing will not idle extreme rich , off idle seems ok keeps on running and run's ok just dont let you thumb off the gas ...... tried 2 different sets of injectors robbed all sensors off an assault and the ecu , found the tps voltage creeping so put a new one on still the same ??????? and had it hooked to the polaris diagnostic a couple of times ..... all seems ok so it say's . the only thing that seems to make it run better is un pluging the fuel pump when the preasure comes down under 20 psi it idles fine till it runs out of gas.... so i am wondering wire harness or stator running voltage ????? any body ??

Kyper

Reaction score
I have had the same problem, it was like you say not consistent, I had the sled back to the dealer which resulted in a new TPS installed, but didn't fix the problems. I had about 1300 miles on the sled and the motor blew. The dealer never gave me a reason why it blew. It was under warranty but my dealer rebuilt the engine. I took the sled to Valemount and the sled ran great. When I got back from the mountains there was no snow left at home so I parked the sled for the summer. When we got enough snow last fall I took the sled out and it started to act up again!! This time I held it to the pin until a rod went through the block. Now I have a factory engine,but dealer has the oil cranked up on it. I have 400 miles on it, so far so good.... Just hired an new employee at work, guess what? He is waiting for a new engine for his 13 Rmk??? How many of us are out there????

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey my sled is startin to act up the last two trips. It seems to be really boggy and run terrible. Changed the plugs the first time and put it on the ethanol tune and it ran good enough to stay the weekend. Once I was home I unplugged my tether cause it wasnt working properly and changed plugs again.

Now this trip it ran good for 1 day then slowly started acting up again. Really delayed throttle response, really low on power, only pulling 6600-7200 on hard packed hills at revy. Seems to be blowin more smoke into the snow then normal to the point of thats how my buddies found me when I was stuck from following the black snow trail. It keeps stalling when im trying to engage reverse, it takes about 9 tries to successfully engage reverse and then it will stall going out of reverse. Once in a while it wont start unless I hold the throttle wide open and pull it over.

But on the trail going down to the truck it ran like a champ, good throttle response, hit 8100 really quick on short burbs on the trail. Its all stock except for an hps can. My buddy says his did most of the symptoms same with a jaws can and once he went to stock it fixed it.

Anybody got any ideas. Of course its a holiday monday and red deer polaris is closed.

Im not willing to gamble on driving all the way back out to revy and assume that replacing the hps can with the stocker will fix all the issues.

Last edited:

clay923

Reaction score
My 2011 just did the same thing at mcbribe this weekend, rode three days and the last pull out on the last day it started this same thing and i couldn't make it out. i was low on fuel so thinking maybe my fuel pick up in tank wasn't in fuel as incline increased, i put the sled on flat ground and put 2.5 gallons in and after a lot of pulls on the rope and it trying to fire it started and worked great again. so I'm thinking of checking my fuel lines in tank for cracks. I never run out of fuel before on this sled so i don't know how hard they are to start, not like a guy can pull the choke on any more.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Throttle release stuck error 57 times and 50psi on the pto cylinder on initial diagnosis.

Top Bottom