Pro or Assault...

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
Ok, i am in the market to snow check a 2015. i know there are quite a few threads on this already but do the assaults have a stronger over structure? I have cracked two already, cracked a rail, bent my running boards, and separated my 'bonded' a-arms this weekend coming down for landing, so i really like the idea of the welded a-arms. I know ill lose my belt drive and narrow ski stance, but is it worth it? Is the only difference the belt drive and shocks and a-arms? No strengthing in the rails or anything?
Thanks.
Also i would order both with the 2.4" track.

Polaris-orris

Reaction score
I have a 2014 assault rmk just coming from a 2014 pro and I love my assault and would pick it over a pro anyday. You can't tell that it is 1/2 on an inch on each side wider than a pro. It does have a CF over structure but I have never been able to brake it and I have done some big airs to flat landing. I think that my dealer said that it had "reinforced" rails.

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
Sorry, by over structure i meant the piece that ties those two carbon finer rods and the steering rod together. It is a common issue actually

Polaris-orris

Reaction score
Yes, it is the triangle on top of the chassis. I have heard of it happening but I have never known somebody who has done that or experienced it myself.

knocksum

Reaction score
If you are snowchecking a new polaris you can get the assault custom with narrow ski stance and aluminum over structure and extra front cooler. Check out snowest as a few have ordered this setup. Polaris has really allowed a custom sled this year.

nwoprormk

Reaction score
If you order a standard rmk (With c-case, extra cooler, alum overstructure and welded lower arms just like an assault rmk) it gives you the clicker shocks,tunnel bag,seat bag,riser bag, and pro taper bars for free!!!!!Basically a assault rmk for in my case 1500$ less. So You know

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
if you order the Pro/RMK's with the clicker's do they have the same valving and spring rate as the assault?
And so the Assault does come with the Carbon Fiber over structure?

Last edited:

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
If you order a standard rmk (With c-case, extra cooler, alum overstructure and welded lower arms just like an assault rmk) it gives you the clicker shocks,tunnel bag,seat bag,riser bag, and pro taper bars for free!!!!!Basically a assault rmk for in my case 1500$ less. So You know
If you order the RMK with clickers it comes with the bonded A-arms.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It comes with aluminium over structure and specific valving for the RMK, different from the assault. Yes bonded a arms as the shock's are a different length than the standard RMK, that's why they get the pro a arms.

nwoprormk

Reaction score
Great... now I don't know what to buy.Thinking assault rmk now. Plus then you get the metal gussets on the inside of the tunnel to strengthen the tunnel bulkhead area.

Top Bottom