Primary rebuild questions

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was riding my 2008 skidoo summit 800 with djs clutch kit today felt a wicked vibration and wouldn't rev over 6500. Had to limp it home, pulled it apart the bushing on the sliding sheeve is popped out and the end is hooped. The rollers were just replaced 200 km ago. They are hooped, one froze and is ground out, one dalton pin is wrecked, spring cup is gouged. so that being said if I replace the. Rollers, sliders, pins , spring cup and sliding sheeve assembly with a new set can I mate those with the fixed sheeve and gov cup without balancing? Thanks for any help.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes,buy the complete rebuild kit way cheaper,.It wont include the sliding sheeve though.
415129626-primary rebuild kit #

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the pins aren't too badly worn, you can just spin the pins 180 degrees, and has enough smooth surface to still work. As for the large bushing, it's easy to replace, just pick the snap ring out, cut and pick the old bushing out, and throw sheave in the oven, Then put the bushing in the fridge, should just slip right in.

Alignment arrows are on all the parts,and the fixed sheave has a notch or stamp.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sheave on the small end is warped looking at it. I believe I'm gonna need a new sheave. I just want toile sure that if I add a new sliding sheave will it throw the balance between it and the old parts ( fixed sheave and gov cup ) seems to me that the bushing came out. I'll get pictures posted when I get back home.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never took the bushing out nor did I try. It seems the bushing socket if you will is warped. How large is the bushing and does it protrude on the face of the sheave?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the parts are balanced as a whole. The outer sheave is balanced, as you can see it has some machine marks to show it inside. I think they balance it because it has the most mass. Same with the inner(fixed) It has some balance holes I believe also.

The bushing is probably to my best guess, .. 0.75mm thick X 16mm X 38mm? It's very thin. It is actually set in to the face of the sheave, with a small, thin snap ring.

SK-TRA-Kit2.jpg

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no,the lip on the sliding sheeve is maybe 3/16x3/16..most likely its worn off,u might b better off searchin ebay and getting a hole primary for 400,,thats what ive done for myself and a buddy before.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, that lip is super tiny and fragile. if it's done, your done.
no,the lip on the sliding sheeve is maybe 3/16x3/16..most likely its worn off,u might b better off searchin ebay and getting a hole primary for 400,,thats what ive done for myself and a buddy before.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cuso - Did you use any loctite on the bushing? It shows it on the BRP parts page. Also, is the new snap ring tricky to get in? Thanks.

If the pins aren't too badly worn, you can just spin the pins 180 degrees, and has enough smooth surface to still work. As for the large bushing, it's easy to replace, just pick the snap ring out, cut and pick the old bushing out, and throw sheave in the oven, Then put the bushing in the fridge, should just slip right in.

Alignment arrows are on all the parts,and the fixed sheave has a notch or stamp.

Top Bottom