Primary Clutch service in Canada?

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have my primary clutch with weights boxed up and ready to send out to get balanced, sheaves machined, spider shimmed etc. I am ready to send it to Indy Specialties in the states but just wondering if anyone knows if there is a place in Canada that does the same service. Shipping and exchange rate sucks right now....

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a guy here in SK that does the button shim, weight bushing, sheave bushing steps, but I don't think he does balancing or machining. PM me for his number.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep just shipped it away to Indy specialty! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dynamo Joe in Thunder Bay , Ont. aka ibackshift.com joey is a Master of Clutches ! 1 807 346 9701. Incredible with clutches. period ! Check out doo talk etc. this is the man. Don from Hornepayne Ont. I know Joe will see this post, LOL.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did that once but I sent it to the mtntk guys never again. By the time I got mine back I could have bought a new one. Let us know the cost when u get it back if u don't mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dynamo Joe in Thunder Bay , Ont. aka ibackshift.com joey is a Master of Clutches ! 1 807 346 9701. Incredible with clutches. period ! Check out doo talk etc. this is the man. Don from Hornepayne Ont. I know Joe will see this post, LOL.

Does he work on Polaris clutches?

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did that once but I sent it to the mtntk guys never again. By the time I got mine back I could have bought a new one. Let us know the cost when u get it back if u don't mind.

Yep will do. I want to run lightning weights which has a different profile that the 10 series weights so the spider will need to be shimmed and I don't have the spider tools. Plus there is 4000 kms on the clutch so it is due to be rebuilt. On thier website it say 200 usd and it cost me 37 cad to ship it down there. I'm guessing it will cost about 350 Cad said and done but I will let you know when I get it back.

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Plus having a properly balanced clutch will be a plus. I hear the new clutches from polaris are not exactly balanced.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus having a properly balanced clutch will be a plus. I hear the new clutches from polaris are not exactly balanced.

Totally agree with the balance. All mine get balanced once I have it set up how I want.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Indy Dan's work is nice. This was a brand new Polaris cut for a Doo.
All balanced and true .
Pricey with the dollar but sure smooth.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a weight savings for the clutch rotating mass ? Maybe you will see faster spool up?

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a weight savings for the clutch rotating mass ? Maybe you will see faster spool up?
I should have weighed it before I sent it away. There will be some weight shaved off but I don't know how much. It will be going on my turbo with 74 gram lightning weights so any weight savings on the clutch will help a bit on spool up. Do you know if the light weight clutch covers help at all?

Top Bottom