Pre-season maintenance

tonykunz

Reaction score
I was wondering if you could recommend some pre-season maintenance that I could do myself or have a dealer do. Some of the things I have been doing in the past is changing the spark plugs and greasing the sled. How often should I have the oil changed, coolant, what other things should I be doing?

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could recommend some pre-season maintenance that I could do myself or have a dealer do. Some of the things I have been doing in the past is changing the spark plugs and greasing the sled. How often should I have the oil changed, coolant, what other things should I be doing?

You could change the chain case oil. Grease the suspension and the speedo drive bearing. Grease it after every weekend ride and it will last a lot longer. Check the water pump/oil injection belt and replace it if it looks stretched or worn. Check for mice nests in the air box before you start it. Clean your carbs. Add fresh fuel, top up the injection oil and have fun.

tonykunz

Reaction score
You could change the chain case oil. Grease the suspension and the speedo drive bearing. Grease it after every weekend ride and it will last a lot longer. Check the water pump/oil injection belt and replace it if it looks stretched or worn. Check for mice nests in the air box before you start it. Clean your carbs. Add fresh fuel, top up the injection oil and have fun.

Thanks man, most of this stuff I should be able to do myself. Didn't know about speedo drive bearing or the oil injection belt. But will take a look at those. I think I may just take it in for the crank case oil

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The belt is behind the starter recoil incase your wondering. Not to bad to get to if you pull the pipe out first.

Top Bottom