Powerfreaks Head and Jaws combo

Acey Duecy

Reaction score
... anyone running both the head and the pipe?

Noticeable difference?

Low or High elevation?

Running stock can? Or aftermarket?

Did you bump the timing?

Clutch setups?

Looking to add to a 2018 165x.

Looked through past threads, couldn't find one.

Thanks, Ace

yamiman10

Reaction score
will be running high elevation head with high elevation Jaws pipe with stock can. Im just waiting on head now and will report after the new year. I have the candoo pro so I will try stock and 1 degree advanced timing. I have shr clutching so will mess with that as well. This will be on a expert 165. Was told this setup can be run at 91 octane 7500' and up but will bump it up a bit. I ride at 8-10000'

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride with a buddy with head and pipe . So far not impressed. Not any faster ,doesnt seam to pull any better only one ride tho .

Acey Duecy

Reaction score
Ride with a buddy with head and pipe . So far not impressed. Not any faster ,doesnt seam to pull any better only one ride tho .

...Interesting. First negative word I've heard about it. What elevation were you riding?

Ace

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't done the head yet, it's in the list, but with just the pipe and y-pipe and still running a lain old mbrp trail can I picked up 150rpm and that's in the recent heavy, wet snow, definitely a noticeable difference, will need to do some actual clutching once head is on

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing a bunch of these freak/jaws combos with piston failure.... save your money advance timing 2/3 degrees and run better fuel will see 3-5 hp gain... my 2 cents

Skidoomiles

Reaction score
Hearing a bunch of these freak/jaws combos with piston failure.... save your money advance timing 2/3 degrees and run better fuel will see 3-5 hp gain... my 2 cents
How does one change the timing, and what type of fuel are you suggesting?

Reaction score
A buddy is running the jaws powder freaks setup , running stock can. Timing hasn’t been bumped yet but that’s next , ibackshift clutching, at lower altitudes it does feel like a good increase in power, the torque is nice. At higher elevations the gains above a stock 850 seem more subtle, definitely doesn’t feel like the 25 ish hp advertised. It is the 3000+ pipe he is running as well

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying be negative ace. It may just need clutch work but so far not impressed. Its powerfreaks head and jaws pipe . O ya we at 6000 to 7000 feet . Snow is very deep also mabe not seeing the gains. There should be more power in the 850 it seams little weak .

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying be negative ace. It may just need clutch work but so far not impressed. Its powerfreaks head and jaws pipe . O ya we at 6000 to 7000 feet . Snow is very deep also mabe not seeing the gains. There should be more power in the 850 it seams little weak .

Guys often forget one factor. You can add all the power you want. But every clutch set up is a little different and delivers only a percentage of the engine hp to the track. If a stock motor with great clutching gets 88% of the power to the track and another guy adds 15 dyno hp to a clutch set up delivering 78% to the track..... hmmmmm.

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If only we knew someone who has a kit �� lol

Would you care to elaborate? I'm sure there would be a sh!t ton of sales for a clutch/pipe/head kit that actually works together. The whole Snow and Mud cool kid bull$hit is getting old.

Top Bottom