powerclaw 2.6

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it seemed like everyone ditched thier power claw 2.25 as soon as they got their sled off the truck from the dealer. are people keeping the 2.6 hoping they are better? id like to get my hands on a 2.6 take off for my 2010 162, but there doesnt seem to be any.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
season is just starting, there will be lots available. 2.6 is supposed to be better. only time will tell.

Catman13

Reaction score
The 2.6 is a nice track, however, since it seems to by a hybrid between trail and powder it does both sort of ok. I got mine ripped on the rails and switched from a 153 to 162 2.5 camo extreme. This track will be ok down on the flats and rock in the deep stuff. If you phone around you can get a 2.5 camo extreme for not much more than a take off 2.6.

:Snowmobile1:

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When will this be available ? What will u want for it ? PM me if you want.

I'm not totally sure if I'm going to sell it or not. It's going on my M1 that I'm trying to sell. If there's no interest I'll be parting it out.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode 2 m800's one with the new power claw. One with the new style challenger extreme. The new power claw out climbed it huge. Both try's were with the same rider in about 3' of fresh. Stock sleds also. Not even a can

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 2.5 camo extreme on my 12 ProClimb and my hubby has the 2.6 powerclaw on his 13 ProClimb....we have identical sleds except his has EVOLS, both 153's, both 800's, running high alt clutching, vent kits and MBRP cans. I dropped my skid to match the 13. I can honestly tell you that the 2.6 track is a better track in the deep stuff than the 2.5! I jump on his and it carves better, gets on top of the snow better, and floats so much better. Also..we were riding in some pretty deep bottomless snow around Xmas and that's where this track shines! You can come to a complete stop in the deep fluff and take off with no hesitation at all, where as the 2.5 likes to trench a little bit. We will have to wait and see what the comparison will be like for spring riding...I know the old powerclaws were really chitty for downhill descents (had one on my hubbies 2010 M8 that he sold) but I'm thinking since the 2.6 has so much more lug and stiffer it should be better. The one big difference is that the 13 LOVES to wheelie, hubby tried to make mine do it, but just doesn't get the front end up much. Not sure, but thinking that the track just hooks up that much!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hows the braking on the 2.6 compared to the older 2.25?
No comparison. The 2.6 is a far better track then the 2.25 in all areas, hands down. Ususally the first thing I change on an A/C is the track because of downhill bobsled runs, but this year I sold the CE 2.5 after riding the sled with the 2.6 - better track in my opinion. Only viable upgrade over the 2.6 is the CE 3.0"

Top Bottom