Power Inverters for sled trailers

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my new enclosed trailer and I am in the process of getting it set up
I know lots of you guys have put the 120 volt florescent lights in their trailers and use power inverters. Just wondering what Wattage and style of florescent lighting that everyone has been using and how big of inverter you are running. I see crappy Tire has a 1500watt inverter on this week. I don’t plan on running much more than the lighting with the inverter other than maybe a few small electric tools once in awhile.

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you ever get the feeling that you are just talking to yourself on here sometimes?:confused:

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dThanks Bogger that is the best reply so far

wiseguy

Reaction score
I run a 1000w Ac Delco inverter and it does a fine job running everything in my trailer. I don't have flourescent lights, but i run 6 250w halogens instead plus a 26 LCD TV and a small 110v air compressor. I can have everything on at the same time plus the stereo which is 12v and I have no power issues.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get flourescent lights you will need T-12 high output fixtures to work in the cold (Magnetic ballasts if you want them to work below -20C) Magnetic ballasts tend to be much louder that electronics. I'd get a vapor tight fixture to prevent moisture infiltration when all the ice melts off the sleds as they are cooling. I'd go with 4' fixtures as opposed to 8' so there would be less stress on the bulbs when you are bouncing down the road.

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the bulbs that makes perfect sense. WiseGuy when I do the math on the load you are putting on a 1000w inverter I get the feeling that you are yanking my chain there buddy.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Check out GO POWER products. They are the found at RV dealers. More money, but a good product. I installed into rknight111 ' s trailer. It has been in the trailer for 4 years.

wiseguy

Reaction score
When I went out and bought my inverter, I was originally looking at 3000 & 4500w inverters and the guy that sold it to me told me that I didn't need anything that big. I was really sceptical about buying it but he said that if it didn't work I could bring it back. Here's a picture of what I've got.

Attachments

• IMGP0944.jpg
    IMGP0944.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 68

MTdream

Reaction score
like the set up...assume the two boxes above the batteries are trickle chargers...what is the red box in the middle?

wiseguy

Reaction score
The red box is just to switch from one battery to the other or turn them both on or off. The 2 little blue boxes above my batteries are the charging controllers for my solar panels and the 2 grey boxes are 110v trickle chargers.

Top Bottom