Power Commander V

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the optional Autotune module that they have available?

Also... If anyone happens to have a map for a 2010 M8 with an intake and can, that'd be fantastic; thanks.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I got the PCV w/Autotune on my Ltr-450 its a great system and has built an awsome map for my quad. All you need is a little computer and tuning knowledge and its pretty simple to use.
I would recommend it and u can use it on multiple machines
What else u wanna kno

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I got the PCV w/Autotune on my Ltr-450 its a great system and has built an awsome map for my quad. All you need is a little computer and tuning knowledge and its pretty simple to use.
I would recommend it and u can use it on multiple machines
What else u wanna kno

From what I've researched some people are leaving them in to always modify maps, but it's recommended to remove it, as the oils from two strokes can screw with the O2 sensor. Just am kind of on the fence over trusting my engine to that O2 sensor and looking for experience. Two strokes are a little more finicky than the fours.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I see you have done a bit of research so you should know that the autotune is not a closed loop system so it will not modify your map automatically instead you have to accept the trims that the system is suggesting in your PCV software. So that being said if you have a decent map in your PCV then you do not have to worry about the O2 sensor fowling during a ride and skrewing up your map and causing engine damage. I agree I would not trust the system alone in the two stroke engine but would also do plug checks and so on. Whether or not it would fowl the O2 sensor I cant say but the system does have a program to test the condition of your O2 sensor.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I see you have done a bit of research so you should know that the autotune is not a closed loop system so it will not modify your map automatically instead you have to accept the trims that the system is suggesting in your PCV software. So that being said if you have a decent map in your PCV then you do not have to worry about the O2 sensor fowling during a ride and skrewing up your map and causing engine damage. I agree I would not trust the system alone in the two stroke engine but would also do plug checks and so on. Whether or not it would fowl the O2 sensor I cant say but the system does have a program to test the condition of your O2 sensor.

So while tuning you MUST have the laptop there to accept the changes made, correct?

Dynojet M8

Reaction score
Just to clarify, when autotune is on, it is changing fuel as you ride. Once you are done riding you can view the trims in the software and decide if you want to add them to your base map (accept trims).

Autotune is a closed loop system.

sledneck48

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dynojet M8 you are absolutely correct I have my facts wrong the system does act as a closed loop however I run the hardware switch that allows me to turn off the learn function of the system and run it only on the base map.
I apologize for any confusion I may caused.

Top Bottom