Power Commander 5 w/ Auto Tune??

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have it on their Nytro? Is there other options? I've heard that there is no maps for the nytro yet...but doesn't the autotune take care of that for you?

Any info would be appreciated on the PC V or another suitable tuner...thanks*

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look into the rabid bike RB3 tuner, its a much better module than the power comander. one box does timing and injection. ive got one and i love it.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how does it work? is there maps for it or do I have to try to make one myself or what?

Jeepindg

Reaction score
Iv'e heard that putting a bike ECU programmer on your sled will raise the rev limiter--(On the apex anyways) and the clutches just wont really work any higher then 11,000 rpm and your just reving the engine higher.

For a nytro i dont really know ---- but what does it do??? if it changes your timing ahead to run premium fuel it might give you like 2 HP gain..... if if changes fuel mapping unles you have a turbo or nitrous --- the stock settings will cover your stock engines fuel requirements,---- the EFI and oxygen sensor keep your A/F ratio optimal.

I have zero idea what it is suposed to do for you but I would save your money ---- unless you have some actual engine mod's

venom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have it on their Nytro? Is there other options? I've heard that there is no maps for the nytro yet...but doesn't the autotune take care of that for you?

Any info would be appreciated on the PC V or another suitable tuner...thanks*

i put a pcv with autotune on my yamaha star raider when i changed my pipes, and no base map to start with. how it works is u plug the pcv into your laptop and go to the a/f table. there u can set your desired a/f for different rpm's. then go ride, and as u ride the autotune will adjust the fuel to reach your desired a/f that was set. but the autotune will only adjust the fuel trims up to 5% at a time, i do believe it is. then u'll have to plug pcv into laptop again, go to the fuel table and accept the fuel trims before they will be applied to the fuel table. so basically u ride, accept trims, ride, accept trims til u see that there is very little to no fuel adjustments being made by the autotune, your map is complete. can't speak for the nytro but it worked excellent for me. hopefully this makes sense.:beer:

Top Bottom