power addiction head, power difference?

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what are the hp numbers of the 12.5:1, 13.1:1 and the 13.6:1? Is the 12.5:1 worth it? I ride from 2300 to about 5500 and run only 94 octane non ethanol pump gas from chevron here in BC. Been told only to run the 12.5:1 head but if stock is 12:1 then how much of a gain would half a compression point get me on my 2012.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont want to sound like a dink but there are 2 or so other threads about power addiction heads... post this in the same one keep it all together :)

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read them all and nothing talks about the hp numbers of the different heads. And its tough to get a reply after the 4 or 5th page so I asked a different question.

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
there all around 10hp but BMP says around 15hp...but if you want true #'s dyno it you're self and see.only way to know 100%...also if you do put ch!t gas in and didn't know....say bye bye..

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there all around 10hp but BMP says around 15hp...but if you want true #'s dyno it you're self and see.only way to know 100%...also if you do put ch!t gas in and didn't know....say bye bye..

What are you talking about 10 15 hp from a head wow thats some head, just so ya know the sled will let you know if you get bad gas, It will go into limp real fast and do no damage to the engine, This is 2012..... no need to scare people that do not understand the system.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what is the difference in power between the 3 different heads that PA offers Chrisco?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think its about hp difference as it is to altitude you are riding at from what ive been reading thats seems to be what is being said

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They will all add the same amount of up at there designated elevation so if you ride 6000 to 10000 you will not want to run the 12.5 head. You will want the higher compression head of the 13.6. But on the other hand if you ride 1000 to 3000 flat lander you will want the 12.5 so you can run pump gas. If you try to run the 13.6 on pump you will have troubles. Hope this helps.

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
never said 10-15hp said around 10hp like 7-8hp BMP says 12-15hp NOT ME.....and honestly are you going to trust a system not me I'd get a fule controler...anyway if you get the right head for the right elevation you can run pump gas power addiction will tell you what head to use if you want to make sure........Also it's like 7-8hp more with the hps can/head combo....

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I already have the HPS can, that I got from chrisco last season. Thats why I have been asking bout the PA head. mostly run around 2500, but do hit the hills 6 or 7 times a year. always run chevron 94 non ethanol fuel. I am a heavier rider a 235 before getting suited up so I changed the gearing this year to 19/43 to help the clutches some also. Just worried about detonation.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran the 13.1 head with a slp pipe at 2500 feet with no det on 91 punp fuel. Tyson H also runs this head with the stock pipe at 2500 feet with no problems on 91 pump. No worries about det with this sled It lets you know right away. I sold 50 p/a heads last year bud to people telling me were and how high they ride with no calls back about det. I run this head on my sleds and ride all over alberta and bc and with at least 3 other pros with the p/a head. I have never seen my det light come on.

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 13-1 ran fine, no DET in Revy where you start at around 1800ft and make the way up the mountain. I would just take it easy on the throttle tell I got to elevation... then ballz out after that!

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never said 10-15hp said around 10hp like 7-8hp BMP says 12-15hp NOT ME.....and honestly are you going to trust a system not me I'd get a fule controler...anyway if you get the right head for the right elevation you can run pump gas power addiction will tell you what head to use if you want to make sure........Also it's like 7-8hp more with the hps can/head combo....

Well i have trusted the system for a while seems to work good. And what are you going to do to the controller for a head and can its not a majic box that fixes stuff and if you dont know what you are doing it wont help anything and most people dont know what do do with a fuel box or the proper gauges so set it. If your going with a full pipe then do a controller and use the maping that will be provided with the pipe. With just a head and can you will be fine. A 13.1 and any can on 91 will be just fine know over 5 people with this set up no problems. And as far as getting 15hp NO (there are posts about this already) i am happy with a 13.1 and can if a have stock horsepower at high elevation. its a great combo and at high elevation you will feel the difference and no need to run anything more than a good 91 octane.

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
the fule controler would give you a little more hp but more response/quicker and when you are starting at 3,000 feet and going to 8,000 feet it would still run good....but you would need to know what you're doing....thats the bad part

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the fule controler would give you a little more hp but more response/quicker and when you are starting at 3,000 feet and going to 8,000 feet it would still run good....but you would need to know what you're doing....thats the bad part

wtf ???????????????

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I thought the highest mountain in Quebec is Mount Caubvick at 5420ft? How would you know this?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ran the 13.1 head with a slp pipe at 2500 feet with no det on 91 punp fuel. Tyson H also runs this head with the stock pipe at 2500 feet with no problems on 91 pump. No worries about det with this sled It lets you know right away. I sold 50 p/a heads last year bud to people telling me were and how high they ride with no calls back about det. I run this head on my sleds and ride all over alberta and bc and with at least 3 other pros with the p/a head. I have never seen my det light come on.

I just guessing but me thinks it doesn't det.....................................................so it must work. Trust Chrisco he didn't just get out of bed yesterday.

Top Bottom