Powderface Trail

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we heard that there was good snow out on this trail from the big dump last week so off we went this morning. We had a super ride down to Fox Creek and the Little and Big Elbow trails. We did the circuit and were probably the first 2 sleds in there in a few days. There was tracks from 2 sleds in front of us but they were a few days old and blown over. Most places had a foot of snow and we hit one Avi field that must have been 3' deep. I hit the throttle and didn't even think about slowing down in that stuff. It was a great ride and we did 110 kms. from 10am till 2pm and even stopped for lunch. Here's a few pics form my phone as we both forgot the cameras. We had to return to staging as my buds 583 Summit used a whole tank of gas and I still had 1/2 tank in my RMK 600.

2015181313_0.jpg

2015181441_0.jpg

2015185537_0.jpg

2015187329_0.jpg

Fisher

Reaction score
Hi Wally in Calgary
Did you know the Elbow Loop trails closed April 1? SRD does not like people breaking the rules and could use out of season riding as a reason for closing that trail altogether.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Wally in Calgary
Did you know the Elbow Loop trails closed April 1? SRD does not like people breaking the rules and could use out of season riding as a reason for closing that trail altogether.

No I did not know. There was a sign on the road saying it was closed (going south) but no signs at all through the campground or any where else. We don't go anywhere that is posted off limits.

Top Bottom