Powder Special Clutch

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, My hubby is taking apart the clutch for my 99 Powder special. It is being a bugger, or we are doing something wrong. He broke the clutch bolt loose from the crankshaft, but the bolt wont come out?...... Any suggestions?:confused::confused::confused:
Thanks yet again!!!

Mom:d:d

bergy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, My hubby is taking apart the clutch for my 99 Powder special. It is being a bugger, or we are doing something wrong. He broke the clutch bolt loose from the crankshaft, but the bolt wont come out?...... Any suggestions?:confused::confused::confused:
Thanks yet again!!!

Mom:d:d

Go in with a skinny pair of needle nose pliers. It will come out. If i am not mistaken their is lube on the bolt and it creates a vacuum when you go to remove it. At least that is what i found on the 98 PS that i had.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go in with a skinny pair of needle nose pliers. It will come out. If i am not mistaken their is lube on the bolt and it creates a vacuum when you go to remove it. At least that is what i found on the 98 PS that i had.

Thanks Bergy. You were 100% right on with the vacuum. It's out!:d:d:d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So... is that a wet torque value then when you re-install?? I've never heard of lube on the bolt from the factory. Obviously its not as prone to stripping threads since it is a steel crank but wet torque values are often significantly lower than dry torque values since the added lube will allow stripping of the threads far more easily (more so on alum parts since its a weaker metal).

You got me curious now. :D

Top Bottom