Powder coating who to use?

XanderKane

Reaction score
I'm looking for information on powder coating for the guys who had parts on their sleds done. Any feedback? Good? Bad? Who did you use and what was the cost? Any special prep work to be done before hand? Perhaps post pics of you have any.

Im in Whitecourt and found boneheadcustoms.ca near Edson who does PC. Anyone use them?

cheers.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Powderstation here in Edmonton is a supporting vendor of Snowandmud.com and I've done some work with them back when I worked at the dealer.

They do beautiful work and stand behind the quality of their work. Give Dean a call at 780-461-4747

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for information on powder coating for the guys who had parts on their sleds done. Any feedback? Good? Bad? Who did you use and what was the cost? Any special prep work to be done before hand? Perhaps post pics of you have any.

Im in Whitecourt and found boneheadcustoms.ca near Edson who does PC. Anyone use them?

cheers.

Be careful to check on how they are prepping your pieces. I've used a local company here in Red Deer a bunch of times and they've always been excellent (Metalstrip coatings).

Good guys will also plug threaded holes and be careful where they hang the parts from so the wire mark is hidden.

My sled deck on the other hand was not prepped properly by the manufacturer and the coating is terrible. When you can read the mill stamps where the powdercoating falls off, it's definitely not done right. Going to end up taking it apart and having it re-done in the spring.

Jake

Reaction score
Powder Station has done two decks for me, good work, reasonable prices, quick turnaround.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much of a teardown do you have to do have a good paint/powder coat? I am thinking about it myself. I like the black tunnel and rails look.

straightshooter

Reaction score
Not the place in St. Albert. It Was cheap but Spray paint would have stayed on longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Powder station, find them under the vendors tab. He does good work and haven't had none what so ever come off. Dean did all the work on my razor and I'm very satisfied.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411517248.693349.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411517296.056042.jpg
My front lower a arms, back trailing arm protectors, roof and they all have taken a beating and no chipping

Last edited:

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powder station for me as well. I have a bunch of parts there now, ill post pics when i get them back.

Top Bottom