Powder Coating Snowmobile Parts

Warped Riderz

Reaction score
Hey I just bought a Pro Rmk 800 and I am looking into getting it customized. I have Simmons Gen3 Skis, a SLP can. I would like some insight on Vent Kits that are good quality, also I would like to powder coat my track guide rails, also the spindles.. Does anybody have a good place to recommend that are close to northern Utah.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey I just bought a Pro Rmk 800 and I am looking into getting it customized. I have Simmons Gen3 Skis, a SLP can. I would like some insight on Vent Kits that are good quality, also I would like to powder coat my track guide rails, also the spindles.. Does anybody have a good place to recommend that are close to northern Utah.

JC Custom vents in Idaho have great vents. Google it!

Don't powder coat the scratchers; they will last one trip and you will notice the peeling. Just something I found out this past winter....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JC Custom vents in Idaho have great vents. Google it!

Don't powder coat the scratchers; they will last one trip and you will notice the peeling. Just something I found out this past winter....

I believe JC decided to take a break away from the vent buisness just after the new year? Maybe I have my info wrong but you can always try contacting him.

You can have lots of items powder coated. I would stay away from having anything that is cast done though. (just my own experience) Billet or machine parts I wouldn't think twice on, but I had some issues with cast parts being power coated and I am not convinced the powder coating process wasn't a contributing factor.

I've had rails done though and they look great. You can also look into anodizing aluminum parts.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you powder coat tunnel snow will not stick. I was going to put eliminators on my tunnel but after a couple trips I found that I just kick the snow off, as it doesn't stick

Warped Riderz

Reaction score
Those are some sweet vents.. They have a lot of Doo vents and few Polaris vents. They are way better then what I have seen on the net.. just wondering what was the general cost for your powder coating?

Warped Riderz

Reaction score
I believe JC decided to take a break away from the vent buisness just after the new year? Maybe I have my info wrong but you can always try contacting him.

You can have lots of items powder coated. I would stay away from having anything that is cast done though. (just my own experience) Billet or machine parts I wouldn't think twice on, but I had some issues with cast parts being power coated and I am not convinced the powder coating process wasn't a contributing factor.

I've had rails done though and they look great. You can also look into anodizing aluminum parts.
Thanks for the heads up for the Cast Spindles.. I hope JC is still doing those vents they are by far the most uniqe I have come across..

Top Bottom