Possible Cat purchase.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a good deal on a 2004 King Cat 1M 900 with carbs and a 162. Being a SkiDoo guy I have no idea if this is a trouble free sled. In our group the only Cat is an M7 and he is happy with it. What can you tell me about it, cuz if I do buy it I will keep it and ride it. Unless you guys tell me it's a POS. Thanks for any input.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a good deal on a 2004 King Cat 1M 900 with carbs and a 162. Being a SkiDoo guy I have no idea if this is a trouble free sled. In our group the only Cat is an M7 and he is happy with it. What can you tell me about it, cuz if I do buy it I will keep it and ride it. Unless you guys tell me it's a POS. Thanks for any input.

a couple of buddies of mine both have the King Cat and love them. I'm sure that you will to. Very strong engine.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I can tell you I really like mine and they are a solid sled,If its a good deal snap er up!
catmando!
PS.....may have a few extra parts layin around if ya need anything!

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well,I went down to Calgary and picked her up. It says "titanium" on the tunnel so I hope it still has the springs in it. Got it for 3000 plus GST. Pretty good deal. Only needs a brake lever and ski skegs replaced. I will be tearing into it soon to make sure she's good to go for next season. Stay tuned for further questions,LOL. By the way, what chassis is it, ZR ???

Last edited:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well,I went down to Calgary and picked her up. It says "titanium" on the tunnel so I hope it still has the springs in it. Got it for 3000 plus GST. Pretty good deal. Only needs a brake lever and ski skegs replaced. I will be tearing into it soon to make sure she's good to go for next season. Stay tuned for further questions,LOL. By the way, what chassis is it, ZR ???

1M chassis.

Skyhigh

Reaction score

Was this from repo.com?

squarehead55

Reaction score
I have an 04 King, I love mine, Can go anywhere any newer sled can go, they take some getting used to, you will think it is a big cumbersum thing at first, it's all throttle control, the stock handlebars are in the wrong place, they should be forward and up a couple inches, this make the sled much easier to ride, the cat 900 has plenty of torque, you will be happy with the climbing abillity this sled has, grease your jackshaft and speedo bearing often, enjoy it

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it was. There where quite a few newer ones but they were still in limbo. I think I got a good deal. It only needs minor work. I don't like the brand new sleds. Don't like the feel of the Rev and by reading these forums all the makes seem to have troubles. Wouldn't want to spend big on anything that might sit in a shop for half a season. I still have my old Summit which is bullet proof. If I don't care for the way the Cat feels, I won't loose any cash selling it. I am sure I will like it. It has that old school feel. After riding these things for 41 years, I just can't go rider forward. Old dogs don't like new tricks, LOL.

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
700 summitguy, welcome to the cat family. I've had by cat for 2 years now no problem's yet.:):)
Ford truck's and Cat's go well together. Shows good taste. :d:d:d

Thanks again for advice on other site.

Top Bottom