positive camber on 07 kodiak

CUMMINS

Reaction score
Hey fellas, bought a used 07 kodiak the other day. Noticed it has positive camber. tires look like \----/ any idea why or how to pull the tops of the tires in some? Some say this is normal, but its way too much, my 06 grizz does not look like that. The tie rods adjust the toe in/out so im thinking its not adjustable with that. Any ideas? Thanks

CUMMINS

Reaction score
ya i was thinking ball joints aswell, but the machine is a 07 with only 500km's on it. And the camber is on both tires not just one. Tires are tight when jacked up and moving back and forth.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the tires are tight when jacked up, bearings and ball joints should be good.

Suspension is all stock? Suspension is designed with some camber gain. so if the front ride height is higher than stock than some static positive chamber possible. This could also happen if the suspension is binding at full shock extension.

Most likely both lower control arms are bent. Or less likely the frame where the control arms mount is bent.

CUMMINS

Reaction score
If the tires are tight when jacked up, bearings and ball joints should be good.

Suspension is all stock? Suspension is designed with some camber gain. so if the front ride height is higher than stock than some static positive chamber possible. This could also happen if the suspension is binding at full shock extension.

Most likely both lower control arms are bent. Or less likely the frame where the control arms mount is bent.

Thanks Garry, Ill have to take a look at the lower control arms tomorrow to make sure nothing is bent. Im pretty sure they are not as this machine is used but in excellent shape otherwise, but hey ya never know. Suspension is stock. The springs are adjustable just like on my grizzly. They were at the lowest setting with positive camber, i jacked them up about 3 clicks as the ol lady thought it was too soft up front. It didnt look like it went any more positive than when it was at lowest setting. I did a google search and read on other threads guys claiming that the ball joint is adjustable (like a truck) to adjust camber/caster. And that you turn it 1/4 turn or so and it will change your caster/camber angles. My truck is similar to this with 2* eccentric bushings about the ball joints. Hmmm It rides decent but if you look at the atv from the front it just looks wrong, lol.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you sit on it does it straiten out?

i know when i changed my springs there was some extra movement in the a arms left if the shock was long enough id have the same thing on my grizzly.

CUMMINS

Reaction score
when you sit on it does it straiten out?

i know when i changed my springs there was some extra movement in the a arms left if the shock was long enough id have the same thing on my grizzly.

i can sit on front rack (205lbs) and have someone look at the front end from a distance away and they dont notice the tops of the tires change much. Never had a chance to look at quad today, get her washed tomorrow and look further into it. Going to sylvan lake for a week next monday and plannin on taking the grizz and grizz baby brother for the ol lady.

Top Bottom