Polaris wont warrenty 08 800 dragon motor

jtilley

Reaction score
If you guys can belive this Polaris wont warrenty my 800 dragon motor. I am on engine #5 and it just went. The dealership is saying now its a cooling issue and figures they got it figured out.We'll see i guess. Has anyone heard of any other fixes??? Time to say here kitty kitty!!!

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
If you guys can belive this Polaris wont warrenty my 800 dragon motor. I am on engine #5 and it just went. The dealership is saying now its a cooling issue and figures they got it figured out.We'll see i guess. Has anyone heard of any other fixes??? Time to say here kitty kitty!!!

Ya its a cooling issue cause runnin too lean makes excess heat.
Mite as well say "here kitty kitty"

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
If it helps any, i pulled two 800 polaris's out of the mountains last year too...... There are lotsa dealer changeups that are to be done when engines redone....they are runnin' lean to make the most power, but running a bit too lean and burnin' 'em down

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can a guy run a Power Commander V with Auto Tune on the Polaris 800's?

I have a Power Commander 3 on mine with the Dynotech map, adds up to 20% more fuel in some midrange settings!!! I never did have any issues with mine but did it for the peace of mind, so far so good.

Trench:eek:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Go with Suzuki engines ( Cat) My Buddies got 7000Km on his M7 and is deciding now to do the top end!!!! All MTN km in the Koots

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do here the meows?????????? its true just change it

Polaris is the Harley of sleds but even worse. Been riding 35 yrs and since the 90s this I'd what Polaris sleds doo. Boom. Especially compared to the competition.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

you sure your not from Vermilion? friend of mine made it up to boulder cabin once in 3 trys. he came off of a turbo sled to a plain stock sled to avoid all the hassle... guess not

2010_rmk

Reaction score
WTF is with polaris!!>>?? They are losing loyal polaris customers. I am adding oil in my tank every time i get gas. The goverment is setting a limit to how much oil the new sleds can burn.

m1000db

Reaction score
my son has an 09 shift, after the updates he put the old heads back on and added a SLP and a power commander v. runs great.

Top Bottom