Not open for further replies.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
IN TODAY'S EDMONTON SUN:
POLARIS SNOW SLEDS RECALLED
"SNOWMODILE AND MOTORCYCLE MAKER POLARIS INDUSTRIES INC. IS RECALLING AROUND 28,000 SNOWMOBILES BECAUSE OF A FIRE HAZARD RELATED TO THE FUEL TANK, THE U.S. CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION SAID YESTERDAY.
THE CPSC SAID THE RECALL IS VOLUNTARY AND IN CO-OPERATION WITH MENNEAPOLIS-BASED POLARIS. THE SAFETY AGENCY SAID THE FUEL TANK FILLER ON THE RECALLED SNOWMOBILES CAN CRACK, ALLOWING FUEL OR FUEL VAPOURS TO LEAK, POSING A FIRE HAZARD."
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
JUST THOUGHT SOME OF YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW.... NEVER GAVE ANYMORE SPECIFICS, LIKE MODEL OR YEARS ETC???

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
November 6, 2007
Alert #08-516

Polaris Industries Inc. Recalls Certain Snowmobiles Due to Fire Hazard
The following product safety recall was voluntarily conducted by the firm in cooperation with the CPSC. Consumers should stop using the product immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Snowmobiles

Units: About 28,000

Manufacturer/Importer: Polaris Industries Inc., of Medina, Minn.

Hazard: The fuel tank filler neck can crack and separate allowing fuel or fuel vapors to leak from the fuel tank. This poses a fire hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received 1,048 reports of the filler neck cracking or leaking. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves certain model year 2004-2007 Polaris snowmobiles. The model number and serial number (VIN) identification decal is located on the right side of the tunnel underneath the seat. See the chart of model numbers included in this recall.

Sold by: Polaris dealers nationwide from July 2003 through October 2007 for between $4,100 and $11,600.

Manufactured in: United States

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled snowmobiles and contact their Polaris snowmobile dealer to schedule a free installation of a new fuel tank assembly. Polaris has directly notified registered consumers who have not already received a repair.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Polaris at (888) 704-5290 between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at Polaris : International Portal : Home

Send the link for this page to a friend! The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard or can injure children. The CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals - contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.

To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC's hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC's teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270, or visit CPSC's web site at . To join a CPSC email subscription list, please go to On-line Form for CPSC Subscription Lists. Consumers can obtain this release and recall information at CPSC's Web site at CPSC Home Page.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought they wanted them all back so they could start all over again!
LOL! LMAO! HA! HA! LOL!
:Cool9::common001::Cool9::common001:
catmando!

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are going to recycle them into Ski doo's:ha_ha:

They already have recycled them into Doo s ........................................... a safety warning has already been issued for the x.p. for sticking throttles and leaky gas tanks with the potential for fire.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha ha ha you must be a drug dealer to ride cat most pounds for the money

Hahaha... To bad the d8 weighs in at more than the M8....LOL... Put that in your pipe and smoke it... Oh yah and at least the cat motors actually stay running unlike a polarass..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would rather have a recycled polaris that a new kitty cat. lol

Yah it'd suck havin to wait for your buddies to catch up to you all the time.. Or get tired of them askin how it was up there on that hill.....lol...

xxx

Reaction score
Hahaha... To bad the d8 weighs in at more than the M8....LOL... Put that in your pipe and smoke it... Oh yah and at least the cat motors actually stay running unlike a polarass..

woww that sure took you a long time to reply are you the special guy that always weres the helmut on the school bus
or did artic crap just finally publish there weights

HEY buddy I drive a crap too

xxx

Reaction score
woww that sure took you a long time to reply are you the special guy that always weres the helmut on the school bus
or did artic crap just finally publish there weights

HEY buddy I drive a crap too

how heavy is a m8 anyway

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An M8 for this year weighs in at 500lbs dry same as the D8.. But in "09 the m8 should be about the same as an XP.. But we'll see on feb 29 when doo and cat publish there "09 line ups.. Not sure if polaris is doin the same then or not..

xcya

Reaction score
glengine, you are sadly mistaken, its the poo's that stay running not the cats. REALY.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that is so than why have i heard of soo many poo's blowing up.. And a guy i know was in stewart last spring when they were testing the D8 and in 14 days there were 16 trips made back to the trailer with a D8 at the end of a rope... HUmmmm??? I aint heard of any Cats cratering any motors... Only the odd DD breaking..

xxx

Reaction score
If that is so than why have i heard of soo many poo's blowing up.. And a guy i know was in stewart last spring when they were testing the D8 and in 14 days there were 16 trips made back to the trailer with a D8 at the end of a rope... HUmmmm??? I aint heard of any Cats cratering any motors... Only the odd DD breaking..

Ihope that the cat kicks but probaly not.. it will be at the end of the rope too if its a new model

xcya

Reaction score
glengine, I'm realy suprised at how soon the cat guys forget or maybe it's you, so let me just remind you of the first 600efi kitty, piston skirt failures? how about the f7 @ over 20 recals when it came out. Numerous engine siezures. Just ask ecko cycle when they blew one up and not just them. How do I know this? I am a mechanic, poo that is and cat sometime.I hang around a lot of sledders and sled shops and have worked for two different dealerships in alberta also.I also drag on grass and snow and have seen my fare share of blown up cats also, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it as well. Try to be a little less sarcastic, every brand has thier fare share of screw ups period. It's all fun and I love to sled with other sledders other than poo riders as well. What fun would there be if there was only one brand to ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom