polaris should be bankrupted

whitefix

Reaction score
My brother (sled partner since early 80's) recently decided to hang up his skiis,due to terrible experience with his 09 shift 800. His 800 blew up 3 consecutive trips to the mtns.The last time completely destroying engine,it was just rebiuilt in June the last of his Warranty. now New age Polaris(Weyburn) wont warranty there last rebuild which he only made 100kms.He had bought the sled at Allsport(Regina) Who's service was even worse.when the second rebuild was on its way out they tried to claim his plugs were just out of gap,he then brought it to weyburn where at least they admitted the motor was in need of a rebuild.now that the motor is off warranty both dealers want $3500 for new motor(still same peice of @$#%). Just wondering if there is any dealers out there that care? His loyalty to Polaris makes me sick,but iwould like to have him back onthe sled team anyway.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
My brother (sled partner since early 80's) recently decided to hang up his skiis,due to terrible experience with his 09 shift 800. His 800 blew up 3 consecutive trips to the mtns.The last time completely destroying engine,it was just rebiuilt in June the last of his Warranty. now New age Polaris(Weyburn) wont warranty there last rebuild which he only made 100kms.He had bought the sled at Allsport(Regina) Who's service was even worse.when the second rebuild was on its way out they tried to claim his plugs were just out of gap,he then brought it to weyburn where at least they admitted the motor was in need of a rebuild.now that the motor is off warranty both dealers want $3500 for new motor(still same peice of @$#%). Just wondering if there is any dealers out there that care? His loyalty to Polaris makes me sick,but iwould like to have him back onthe sled team anyway.

I was a Polaris die-hard (geuss not that hard), back in the 80's through to 2004. Got my second Ski-Doo in 2004 (renegade XPSII 800 H.O.), first one was a 1981 blizzard 5500. I've looked hard at Polaris every year but they just don't doo things as good right now as the XP chassis. When a buddies 2010 Polaris RMK 800 blew this year, I had an oppurtunity to take a close look at it and man, I just don't like the electronics on top of the belt guard, the way things are hidden even with a full hood to open. To get at the belt is a major undertaking of bolt removals and panel removals.
Maybe your brother needs a change?
It worked for me.......

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I can't see a dealership change helping now the warranty is off,,,,,,, heard good and bad about Polaris sleds and quads,,,, I have personaly only bad things to say about the quads. Have seen some good RMK's later models ,,,,,,,,, you could send your brother to rainy creek in ekville they at least try. But I cant see any hope now. You never know.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was a Polaris die-hard (geuss not that hard), back in the 80's through to 2004. Got my second Ski-Doo in 2004 (renegade XPSII 800 H.O.), first one was a 1981 blizzard 5500. I've looked hard at Polaris every year but they just don't doo things as good right now as the XP chassis. When a buddies 2010 Polaris RMK 800 blew this year, I had an oppurtunity to take a close look at it and man, I just don't like the electronics on top of the belt guard, the way things are hidden even with a full hood to open. To get at the belt is a major undertaking of bolt removals and panel removals.
It worked for me.......

just gonna say. to get to the belt requires the removal of 1 screw and the side panel pops off. you got all the stuff you need to change a belt right on the spare belt cover.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddies 09 assault just chewed an engine, 2 weeks before our trip to sicamous. so he brought it in for warranty, stating that he needed his sled for this wednesday, the day we leave. well the dealer has come up with excuse after excuse but finaly buddy said forget this shi*t for service, and bought a 09 summit X 154. welcome to the light my brother!

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friend of mine has 09 assault800 just put in new mono cylinder and pistons.

get this polaris spec for pistion/cyl clearence is right around .0042"-.0058"
he measured his up and piston to cyl clearence was .010". Told him its used piston and cyl. yes but only 1400kms in it. measures cylinder and offspec by 1mm. spec85mm
Once he got new cylinder ass. measured that one and the new piston to new cyl assembly had .0105" clearence. He installed Wiesco instead this brought clearence down to .006" which is .001"bigger than what wiesco wants. We went out last weekend and she is running good now.
have heard that breaking skirts is common on the polaris800's

with this kind of clearence i can see why

good luck with you unit which ever way you stay or sway

pounder

Reaction score
Hey, know how you feel, 3 engines later for us too, Polaris does not give a crap, they won't stand up for their product, nor will dealers warranty their work. I guess $14000.00 means "bleep bleep" to them. Haven't come across a dealer that give a rat's behind. They come up with every excuse to not warranty.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same old BS. here's a kleenex. It should be by no surprize now that the only way to make the polaris engine with four injectors that run lean in the transition between the two is to add a fuel controller. If set up right will add fuel to the midrange and will help the POS engine that it is. Buy a Doo a Arctic Cat I don't care but it gets kinda old listening to how much people hate this sled or manufacturer. Just my :twocents:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of this sounds ike dealer problems and not sled problems. Sleds do break down, all makes and modles. Find a new dealer.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same old BS. here's a kleenex. It should be by no surprize now that the only way to make the polaris engine with four injectors that run lean in the transition between the two is to add a fuel controller. If set up right will add fuel to the midrange and will help the POS engine that it is. Buy a Doo a Arctic Cat I don't care but it gets kinda old listening to how much people hate this sled or manufacturer. Just my :twocents:

Very true. I had two Summit 800's that each blew the engine twice. By the time I sold 'em they had oil leaks and carb problems.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i havnt ridden anything newer then a 2006 in regards to polaris, but my 06 iq rmk 700 got over 8000 kms out of an engine with no problems, until i blew it up yesterday in the field around the farm........ive heard alot of bad about these newer polaris sleds, especially the 08 it seems. but in MY EXPERIENCE any sled can blow up.....my brother had a rev and put three engines threw it in a season. on a side note anyone have a used engine (can be blown or seized) for that polaris ? i need the bottom halves of the crankcase.......please pm me if you do or know of someone that has one

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can go on all day bought my cat and doo buddies breaking down and bad dealers etc. Just sayn! they all build good sleds but sumtimes a guy ends up with a bad one. i have had nothn but good luck. 4 differnt polaris sleds totally 10,000+ miles and never blew up anythn from poor quailty. one stator that was my fault and one crank seal from me blowing a belt which resulted in new pistons and rings(and under warranty lol).

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Get a cat, and go to Kutcher Bro's in Findlater, they have the best service you can possibly imagine. I give ya my word on that one. It's worth it. We've gone there quite a few times, and never had a problem.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got a lemon 800 poo. I'm a bleeding die hard poo guy. I even know that the 800's are not solid yet! I have have a 700 rmk and never skiped a beat. Yes a have seen revs and xps with blown motors more then once and the dealers just craped on my buddy and laughed at him when the warranty was done. The dealer is what makes the product. They all break its just what do want to fix in the long run :smiliestirthepot:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It worked for me.......

Ya, can see your concerns! At the rate BRP can blow belts, you would want quick access for changing them so you don't fall too far behind the group, and you sure as h#ll wouldn't want anything near it when it grenades!!!:eek:...............:twocents:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, can see your concerns! At the rate BRP can blow belts, you would want quick access for changing them so you don't fall too far behind the group, and you sure as h#ll wouldn't want anything near it when it grenades!!!:eek:...............:twocents:

welcome to the site, this is 2011

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got a lemon 800 poo. I'm a bleeding die hard poo guy. I even know that the 800's are not solid yet! I have have a 700 rmk and never skiped a beat. Yes a have seen revs and xps with blown motors more then once and the dealers just craped on my buddy and laughed at him when the warranty was done. The dealer is what makes the product. They all break its just what do want to fix in the long run :smiliestirthepot:

warranty is warranty it expires dont expect anything after warranty expires.

do you get new milk for free when it goes bad after it expires?

rememeber with doo and probly all the other manufacturers you ahve the option to extend your warranty before the existing is up

Top Bottom