Polaris RZR ?

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a pre owned RZR, looking on Kijiji my budget should get me in to a 2012 ish ride ( I would like to stay under $10K ). We won't be using it too much, mostly for the wife to drive when we are out camping with the kiddies. My questions are, is power steering a must have on the RZR ? Also should I be looking for a 50" or 60" wide?

Thx Scott

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
60 is much better ,so is power steering .... And that should not bump the price up too much ...
Also look at the artic cat trail . Same money , more or less , great machine ....
Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50" vs 60", both are good. What kind of areas your ride? Tight trails or wide open areas? Quad trails?
I ride a 50" wildcat trail and glad we aren't any wider or we would limit our riding areas big time around Calgary. Not tippy at all, just don't plan on doing donuts with it...

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would try find a wildcat.

Good prices on 2015 or 2016 at dealers if you can find one. Around 16 grand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I'm pretty much sold on the 800 RZR just because of its size and weight. I would need to haul it on my sled deck, so we could pull our travel trailer also. We do have a quad now, and most of our group has quads so I guess the 50" maybe the way to go. I was just concerned about how stable they are.
I bought a Rhino and quickly sold it as I found it to be underpowered. I think the RZR would be better because of the power to weight ratio.

BTW Tugger1 you have a pretty nice basement, and I know where you hide the good stuff behind the bar lol.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never rolled my 50 inch, and compared to a 64 in 1000 rzr and 60 inch wild cat trail I have been in, the 50 inch ride isn't that much worse

sent while drinking tea's

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go over the machine like a CSI,most people bag the hell out of a rzr,see how lose the arms are etc,buy one off an old couple lol.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup mine had over 9000 miles, but it was old guy owned, still needed lots of things fixed up

Having said that, that doesn't mean any thing as I have seen lazy, rammy old guys too, that just hit it or push it rather than going around with a bit of work

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Yes I agree in the pre owned market you really have to look it over. I'm in no rush so I'm going to take my time. I usually buy new but I just can't justify the cost for the amount we will use it. Thanks for the info.
One more question, how are the 570's?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree in the pre owned market you really have to look it over. I'm in no rush so I'm going to take my time. I usually buy new but I just can't justify the cost for the amount we will use it. Thanks for the info.
One more question, how are the 570's?

IIRC in 2012 the 570's and 800's were only about 3hp different when dynoed at the wheels.

But personally I don't know anyone that owns a 570 so I couldn't say for sure.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
570>800... lots of reviews on google. All the learnings of the 800 went into the 570, so it's a much better thought out machine.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never rolled my 50 inch, and compared to a 64 in 1000 rzr and 60 inch wild cat trail I have been in, the 50 inch ride isn't that much worse

hmm...no doubt I believe the no roll part but 4 to six inches of travel difference and remote res fox shocks might ride slightly better although both handle that owlhead road better than the trucks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still rough no matter what your on, same places, same bouncing around

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still rough no matter what your on, same places, same bouncing around

na truck way rougher LOL the Tylenol is kicking in feel way better

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of people here have warned me to stay away from the polaris sxs because of lack of quality.. Too bad you sold that rhino I've been looking for one for a while!

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I have a 700 Grizzly, so I knew the Rhino would feel under powered . Just not as under powered as it is. We had the Rhino out at a area we ride a bit, going up hills it struggled (and they were by no means big compared to going out to Rocky or Caroline area). So I sold it as I didn't want to chance taking it there. The other thing with the Rhino is its a bit heavier.

I've also heard the RZR quality is not the best, but I feel if I find the right one with the amount it will actually be used and what it is being used for it should last a while. I think I'm leaning the RZR way because they are a bit lighter. I will have to transport it on my sled deck.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few rzrs take a serious beating....yeah they all fell apart after a few years,but it's impressive none the less, and power is pretty cool.

oldrzr

Reaction score
I have a 2014 RZR1000 and I have not thad that much problem with it, bought it new. Other than regular maintenance I think it is like anything else. I have approx 1300 miles on it and would buy another one. I don't ride extreme but it has not been babied either. Good luck on your decision

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at alberta kijiji and there is a few commanders for $8000 I think both had under 1200kms which seems like a really good deal.

• Recommends
Reactions: K45
Top Bottom