Polaris Ranger

chromed

Reaction score
Hello All,

Considering looking at replacing the quads with a Polaris Ranger (in the beginning stages of research). My wife and I have a young son (3 years).

Do people travel with their young kids in these? Does the bench seat in a Ranger have a third seat belt? Is it safe to have a toddler in a ranger? It would be light trail riding and touring. We are not in to mudding and getting machines stuck. Any feedback and recommendations?

Thanks.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're abusing our 3rd Ranger. We bought our first one when my oldest daughter was 8 months. We put her rear facing car seat in forwards (with the middle seat belt). She would sleep for the better part of the day in it. My youngest was also 8 months old when she first started. The Ranger is a pretty smooth ride, so they don't get bounced around too bad, plus the rollcage goes straight up, so you are totally covered from the windshield and roof. Lots of people will tell you they're made for hauling fence posts and salt blocks, but they go anywhere the more sporty sxs's go.....plus you can pack a lot more crap with you. Easy to install a rear seat and cage when the little guy wants to bring friends with him.

Attachments

• 247913_10150196957466406_550351405_7404618_4752630_n.jpg
    247913_10150196957466406_550351405_7404618_4752630_n.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 309

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ranger is the perfect machine for light trail rides and packing your gear. Hunters love em and the extra wide seat is a nice place for the young one to sit. Both my boys were brought up in their car seats in the back of a rhino. Now they are older and we have two RZR's which are an absolute blast in the mud and alot sportier. You do wear alot more mud in a RZR compared to the ranger. I think it will suit your riding style just fine, if you aren't into too much mudding and muskeg.

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, look at the Teryx4. Your child is going to grow and eventually the bench seat isn't going to cut it any more. Plus with four seats you have room for friends or family!
My kids love our Teryx4, here it is when we bought it

Here it is now

Last edited:

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a couple in our group last weekend with a Ranger. It only had stock tires and I was amazed at the mud and skeg that thing went through. The Teryx would be a good machine too :)

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
these were the seats in the back of my old rhino. all i did was get a highback kids booster seat and out it on the rear seat and the harnesses worked fine for when my kids were 2-3-4
rhino010.jpg

here is my 3 year old in the front of my old hunting rhino, i didnt think the one shoulder strap and lap belt was enough
d72d6e1d.jpg

here is a shot with the booster seats in
rhinoride047-1.jpg

now i have this bench in the back of my commander
900c83ea.jpg

moral of the story, you can always secure a kids car seat with its own straps or a booster seat with the ranger straps for your young one

Last edited:

travellerw

Reaction score
I just bought a Ranger for exactly this reason.. I would like to clarify.. The Ranger has a bench seat that will fit 3 normal sized adults comfortably with seat belts. The middle seat belt is a lap only belt.

We love our Ranger and think its was the best option for 2 adults and a kid.

P.S. If you are looking.. Don't bother with the 800, go straight to the 900. Very solid rumor that the 800 will be discontinued next year in the full sized ranger.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a few people with 800 rangers.
No issues and go all places
Make a great hunting unit.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Top Bottom