Polaris goes electric

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its ticking lots of the boxes thats for sure! Keep us updated. With a bit more range/refinement this has some serious potential.

All we really need is the government to release new legislation of Electric OHV's being exempt during fire bans and id be all over them. Every year it seems like we have less and less overall riding days.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is looking for a big battery/fancy screen ranger EV let me know. Might know of one kicking around.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fd7c46d8aa36ea03cf35ce2e01f63eb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do u like the new kinetic, Im going tomorrow morning to pick up a new ultimate if we like it, will take a look and see, heffty price tag at 40k plus
I've really enjoyed it so far. My biggest gripe is the display backlight not working but I've learned to live with it until farming season wraps up. See if they will let you test drive it in sport mode.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed it so far. My biggest gripe is the display backlight not working but I've learned to live with it until farming season wraps up. See if they will let you test drive it in sport mode.
Well we purchased it for our farm, brought it home, first impressions are very smooth and yes in sport mode this thing moves but top speed is 90 kph which is fast enough. seems really well built but after are first day of use we gave it a quick rinse off to just get the dust off and ran into our first problem code for battery fault, no connection so it does not move now so I guess back to the dealer it goes.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we purchased it for our farm, brought it home, first impressions are very smooth and yes in sport mode this thing moves but top speed is 90 kph which is fast enough. seems really well built but after are first day of use we gave it a quick rinse off to just get the dust off and ran into our first problem code for battery fault, no connection so it does not move now so I guess back to the dealer it goes.

We’ll built hey? Lol, go electric…. Go to the shop…. More often anyway

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did you use a pressure washer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you guys get for run time? And how long to recharge?

I have the small battery and I’m getting about 40 miles to a full charge. The smaller battery model charges slower, max 3kw. I charge every night on 120volt plug (10Hours) and 40 miles is enough for my day. Have over 3000km now with no serious issues, just the backlight on the display.

Reactions: RXN

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you not supposed use a pressure washer ? Off-road work vehicle that gets dirty, but god forbid don’t wash with a 2400psi home pressure washer? $40k lol, you guys are brainwashed by electric auto. What next? Don’t drive it in the rain over 20km/hr. No puddles deeper than 10”. My e-bike is more durable than that, wash it with a pressure washer after every wet trail ride

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes it was a electric pump 2500 psi pressure washer that I have been washing my club cars, gem e2 and gem em1400 all which are electric and have never had a issue over the last 5 years. So it is concerning if u wash a electric sxs that they advertise being able to go up mountians and through water and it dies, boy would that suck on a mountian if u were out alone.

Anyways the good news is the dealer found a dc converter that had been overtightened and was cracked which allowed water in, so the parts have been ordered and should be here this week. Hopefully that fixes it. Also I told the dealer I pressure washed it and they agreed that is not a issue and that it is made for that and much more.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like something you should try. they even tell you how to do it

It just says limp mode on the screen and you turn it off and on again and it’s good. I can’t stop riding though because I got snow to plow.

Top Bottom