Polaris Dealership Dilemma

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So today is the Grand Opening of the Okotoks Cycleworks, which is of course a Polaris dealership. I have to take in the 2012 RMK for the updates and let them give it the once over before the snow hits - I was originally planning on getting out to Mountain Toys in Cochrane (cause they actually replied to my emails unlike Cycleworks and checked the updates on my sled over the phone) - ANYHOW, I live in deep south and want to support local, but I am also willing to make the drive to Cochrane cause I'm assuming since they are an older dealer have more experience and expertise than a new dealer.........any thoughts out there in snow and mud land?

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give them one more chance. If its not good I have heard nothing but good reviews of Mountain Toys in Cochrane.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack your thread but I just bought a used 2012 pro 163 just wondering what updates there are for this sled and how to tell if they've been done. Thanks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack your thread but I just bought a used 2012 pro 163 just wondering what updates there are for this sled and how to tell if they've been done. Thanks

Call a dealer with your serial number and they can find that info for you.

doobie

Reaction score
mountain toys are awsome to deal with no matter what toy you have...... got that home town dealer feel.

awkwardmoose

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I choose Mountain Toys because Cycle Works North was swamped and couldn’t fit me in (2wk wait).

The mechanic I dealt with was also a rider and new exactly what needed to be done with my machine (with respectable pricing).

There will have to be a few gamblers who try Okotoks before we get the scoop on their business practices. Let’s hope they don’t develop the ‘big city’ mentality of new sales first and service second (or third or…).

Let us know how you made out.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain toys Is the BEST hands down Scott and the girls up front are awesome to deal with for gettin stuff booked and Matt is a great mechanic and he rides as well so if he can he makes sure your ready to go when u need ur sled

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
without mentioning company names, I'd go with Matt and Scott, or do the easy test and ask which mechanic rides.

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snagged my trailer from the farm yesterday and will load up for a trip to Cochrane......

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycle Works Foothills/Seitzco has always been extremely good to me, and they are local which is super convenient.
Threadkiller...I saw that you were @ their grand opening on Saturday for quite a long time...were you there to check the place out, or just after a free lunch:D? Have you ever had any work done by their techs?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycle Works Foothills/Seitzco has always been extremely good to me, and they are local which is super convenient.
Threadkiller...I saw that you were @ their grand opening on Saturday for quite a long time...were you there to check the place out, or just after a free lunch:D? Have you ever had any work done by their techs?
He would have been there for the lunch...........................Looooooooooooooooooool.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Matt at Mountain toys is an excellent machanic, he also installs boondocker turbo's on the side that work well!! However when they are swamped or trouble shooting, the owner of Mountain toys "Scott" is an extremely good mechanic, but you did not get that from me!!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He would have been there for the lunch...........................Looooooooooooooooooool.

Didn't get 20 feet, ran into baker, BS started then missed the free lunch, lol. Then us oldster's compared, what med's were taking now! lol

and no the mechanics probably wouldn't work on something as old that i ride! lol

snowho

Reaction score
Cycle works is terrible to deal with. Love the pro's and my next sled will probably be one but I will not buy it from the N.E Calgary location

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Toys is awesome to deal with! My family has been dealing with them for years... You won't be disappointed! JC in Okotoks is also good to deal with (Hubby deals with him on Yammy stuff). I don't think you can go wrong with either dealer....

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain toys! Scott is wonderful brought my sled out to me In fort sask. and Matt the mechanic is killer. So same as my best ridding bud the dazzler said Mountian toys all the way! Best of luck:)

DYSLEXIC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
made the drive out in that wind and rain....worth the drive, met Scott, gals at the front took my info and I am in the computer system.....the sled is in great hands. Will make that trip now everytime.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
made the drive out in that wind and rain....worth the drive, met Scott, gals at the front took my info and I am in the computer system.....the sled is in great hands. Will make that trip now everytime.

Nice good to hear!

Top Bottom