polaris clutch remover

perry27

Reaction score
anyone have the tools to remove a clutch from a 92 polaris indy? im in the se part of calgary in cranston

perry27

Reaction score
how do you get the 16 tooth bolt out though, is there a sockett for that to buy ?

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about the spider nut, if so yes you will need to purchase a socket from a dealer.
:beerchug:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
oh..yea you need a spider tool...use to have one but some jack a$$ broke into our shop and stole it along with half of me dads mod 650 engine

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
oh..yea you need a spider tool.

And one might as well get the break plate while there. Built my own tool to compress the clutch to service weights rollers etc in the shop & BAD ASS built us ones to do on the machine.

perry27

Reaction score
thank you guys very much im gonna try to track my neighbor down he races polaris but is never home.

perry27

Reaction score
damm i guess the tools changed in years i needed one for a 92 his is 03 or so im heading up by red deer this weekend, if anyone knows of anyone down here that can help, that be great i dont wanna spend 100.00 on something if i dont need to. trying to look up the cost and its not saying they changed at all in the years anyone know?

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when do you need your clutch done got the tools heated shop can help you the family long weekend gone this weekend sledding you supply parts and beer i rebuilt my 95 600 clutch a few times drive and secondary so if you want to do your secondary at the same time just bring the parts do it all

perry27

Reaction score
Id do it just for the fact of having a few beers lol, thank you im gonna see if i can get it switched over for this weekend someone told me i dont need all the tools, just the puller and spider key, to swap if i have to ill buy it i guess,

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris clutch remover...........Hmmmmm Oxygen and acetylene come to mind............ Hahaha just kidding.

perry27

Reaction score
seems like it would be 5/8 thread not 3/4 9/16 just scrapes by

perry27

Reaction score
is it possible that theres an arctic cat clutch on it look different

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's possible, and quite a few people put cat clutching components on...don't know why as polaris makes some pretty good clutches.

perry27

Reaction score
well damm I sometimes make bad decisions, took in to get it removed just crank and clutch, and i got charged 60 bucks for them to do it i shouldve just bought the damm tool @$@$%#@ wish they wouldve said something before, thats dealers for ya, id love to invest in a business, make it be like back home where we want your servive for a 6 min job well bite the cost for you to come back, instead of charging 60 bucks ,...

Top Bottom