Polaris 850 spins only 3 wheels!

matthiessen.mike

Reaction score
Just bought this 2012 xp 850 sportsman. Had it out 3 times to the creeks on coal lake. It was a blast, definatly turned 4 wheels. Put 28/11/14 zillas all around. Had it out for the first time with these tires and towards the end of the day when giving her through deep snow noticed the handel bars pulling to the left suddenly bad. Got stuck and confirmed that the right hand front wheel was not turning but the left was. I know there is a weak plastic part in the front diff on these machines, is that what let go? Am not familiar with the new AWD drive systems on these machines. Is there hubs on these like the older units? I think it is a different system. I only got 38 miles on it. Any thoughts?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your front axles first.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then the front diff...

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exact same thing happened in the rear of my 12' sportsman. Broken cv axle. Pretty crappy quality. I hit a water covered grassy spot and opened it up. Had 3 wheel drive the rest of the day and pretty awful handling the rest of the day. The part was around 350 from polaris.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
When winter riding you have to make the a-arms have no snow on them when you done riding because they will turn to ice and the next time you go out and the suspension flexes up and down the ice is in the way and it breaks cv joints pretty easy or it will rip the boots and fills the cv full of crap and takes them out that way also. I guess the outside cv cage is broken.

**edit** re-read your post about the new zilla's when spinning hard in snow or mud all it takes a root, rock or any kind of traction it will snap a cv like nothing been there done that about 6 times now LOL. The new tires have a ton more traction as well as rolling mass and weight without throttle control it is easy to break axles

Top Bottom