Polaris 850 Patriot aka The Loctite Rocket

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots for sale on Kijiji....a few with the special 5 year warranty lol. Enjoy the crank bearing and other issues this 840 brings ( poor resale)? Typical Polaris big bore engine woes.....maybe in 2020 they will get it right. Till then it's a ticking time bomb this "Loctite Rocket"

After 100's of pages of past Doo belt and bulkhead issues/jabs figured might as well stir the pot a little. ;)

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
14hrs and 163 miles on my Loctite rocket and its a rocket with zero problems. You should do some studying as very low % have problems just like any other make or model.

RIDE ON!!!

163 miles....I stand corrected....diesel like durability there....like my 1980 srx 440 (POS)

All kidding aside...I only started this to poke the bear after all the slagging the Gen4 went thru lol. Hopefully this is a limited amount of failures but even die hards have to admit the big bore Polaris engine track record is not stellar up till now. That being said....am a big fan of their 600

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30 hours and 300+ miles. Is it perfect, nope. But it’s way more sled then my poor riding skills need and it leaves a smile with every throttle squeeze.

roadlinur113

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's stay on topic and pick on Polaris some more first lol.....plenty of time and photos of cracked monorail elsewhere to post about. 2 things come to mind on all brands....first year models have their woes....and all the R&D done on prototypes doesn't seem to measure up to us consumer use (abuse?) :beer::d

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's stay on topic and pick on Polaris some more first lol.....plenty of time and photos of cracked monorail elsewhere to post about. 2 things come to mind on all brands....first year models have their woes....and all the R&D done on prototypes doesn't seem to measure up to us consumer use (abuse?) :beer::d

#Have you abused your Polaris today??? The first 4 posters did!!!

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And a Liberal never lies.

Ive bin on them all. and as far as im concerned its the truth. You can keep cooking eggs on your ski doo clutches or take the motor out of you brand new patriot and send it to indy specialties, id rather take my chances breaking the mono rail.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yet another day on the 850 and no my motor has not blown yet. Oh yeah and no blown belts or broken suspension.

Buddy just blew up his 850, 2000 km, second motor in a doo in as many years for him, if Riderz didn’t treat him so well he’d be switching brands to cat

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still find it amusing how you guys still put so much effort into arguing who’s in second place...:D
A9FF80A0-7009-4968-8278-00DDEB6A5B72.jpeg

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And they're so good they didnt even have to come up with a decent chassis by themselves.... Hows team yammie doing on the snocross circuit this year?

Does performing well in snocross directly translate into a great mountain sled?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does performing well in snocross directly translate into a great mountain sled?

Not necessarily. Depends how you ride the hills. Its more a question of maneuver ability, feeling nimble, balance and how it feels when jumped. To me anyway. I'll keep my nose out of it and let you guys pat yourselves on the back without my unwanted intervention.

Top Bottom