Polaris 800 RMK power problem

wyoboy

Reaction score
Voltage regulator? Computer problem? I am new to the site. I live in NW Wyoming, and just bought a new (2010) Polaris RMK 800 155. It had zero miles on it, and would not idle long enough to climb on the trailer. Two days later, a mechanic checked it briefly and it cranked and idled. I loaded it and took it for it's first ride, on a trail. It exhiblted power surges for 5 miles. At the first play area, it quit. Could not crank it. After 10 minutes, it cranked, power surged for 2 - 3 minutes, began backfiring through the exhaust, and quit. It had to be towed out. It may have 6 miles on it. Any ideas?

tonykunz

Reaction score
Bad Gas? Electrical short or bummed out fuel injectors?Should be under warranty, take it back and get your money back or trade it for another machine. It's a lemon

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad Gas? Electrical short or bummed out fuel injectors?Should be under warranty, take it back and get your money back or trade it for another machine. It's a lemon

X2 take it back...grab another machine

f250highboy1976

Reaction score
had this happen to my 2010 dragon 800 (638 miles) on thursday, sled would be fine for awhile then the display would go followed by the headlight, then would die completely, let it cool off and you could ride another mile then all over again, the longer you let it sit the longer it would run. took it to the dealer yesterday and they changed the voltage regulator. they said that the company they were using to make them changed (prob so they could save 1 cent per regulator) but they have a different supplier now so hopefully it will fix the problem they also said if you run it too long it can damage the ecm in the process. havent taken it back out to verify the repair yet but will next weekend and report back

coloradoRider

Reaction score
had this happen to my 2010 dragon 800 (638 miles) on thursday, sled would be fine for awhile then the display would go followed by the headlight, then would die completely, let it cool off and you could ride another mile then all over again, the longer you let it sit the longer it would run. took it to the dealer yesterday and they changed the voltage regulator. they said that the company they were using to make them changed (prob so they could save 1 cent per regulator) but they have a different supplier now so hopefully it will fix the problem they also said if you run it too long it can damage the ecm in the process. havent taken it back out to verify the repair yet but will next weekend and report back

I have a 09 Dragon with the same problem! $250 bucks... Now my headlight doesnt work and the grips are cold on high heat.... I guess she wants some alone time in the garage.

GuitarMan69

Reaction score
X2 on the regulator, it should be covered under warrenty, The same thing happend to use witha 2010 assualt.

Rambo1

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Assault it has been in the shop on and off since I've got it. It keeps booging at full throttle. Getting no where with it. Was told to burn ave gas. Ever herd of this before. They say that there is nothing wrong but it just isn't running right. I think they have no clue what the --ck they are doing. NEED HELP:confused:

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 Assault it has been in the shop on and off since I've got it. It keeps booging at full throttle. Getting no where with it. Was told to burn ave gas. Ever herd of this before. They say that there is nothing wrong but it just isn't running right. I think they have no clue what the --ck they are doing. NEED HELP:confused:

alot of the guys here run aftermarket fuel mapping via the commander V, seems to solve alot of the bogging issues.

Ave gas ????? That's bull chit, these things need good fuel to run, but the dealer telling you to run av gas,,,,,,,thats bull ch!t..... tell them to figure out there fuel mapping, that IS the issue

Blackzed

Reaction score
my 09 assault did the same thing two times first time bad gas next time voltage reg only diff was when the reg blew the lights and dash flickerd and head light would not come on for up to a 30 sec to 1 min

Top Bottom