POlaris 1000 rzr, or Maverick 1000

Ranarampage

Reaction score
I am going to buy a SXS soon, and we where all about the maverick 1000 xrs model. but now hearing so much about this polaris 1000 rzr has got me wondering
Which one do you guys think is a better machine. This will be out first sxs. I didnt like the way the polaris pedal position is on the 900 xp. Still leaning towards the maverick but i havent seen this 1000 rzr in person yet. Few other minor things bother me about the polaris. Just wondering what the people out here have to say about it. Thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After seeing a buddys maverick this weekend and overheating since day one.

Not impressed

He's had it looked at 5 times now. Hence he's road it 6 times.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you want the best buy the polaris 1000.

more power, more suspension, more accessories, bigger community, more aftermarket support the list goes on and on and on.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rzr 1000 is at the top
Of the pile , by a lot .....
Have you ridden one? Or maybe just suckin back a bit too much red juice? Could be a POS....you don't know. The RZR 900 has a lot of weak points....if you and the other Poolaid drinkers are lucky, maybe Poo has fixed some of them....

On paper...yup, it's ahead. A lot? LOL Really? I never heard you Poo tooters say that the Mav was "a lot" ahead of the RZR900, but on paper it was ahead....

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There all brain washed Dave.

It's some video they watched when there

Like a sleding or quadin one with bad stuff in it.

It's ok they will know there dumb when they grow up lol

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Get a real machine, then maybe we will value your opinion. Just kidding. I've said it before, if you beat the crap out of them they all break. Pick the one you like and buy it.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is the think as far as I have heard.... first year mavricks don't have QE visco...they don't have power sterring... they have stopped orders on 2014 models for a bit cause can-am is changing the crappy clutches that come with it.. now iv witnessed that they overheat.. whats next... I mean the same could come of the 1000 popo...no one really knows what the future holds for the machine but after watching that video.. it sure gets the blood boiling and thinking wow what a machine! now mod the maverick the same way and you could make a vid of it too.. just have to find an awesome driver like that too! lol if ya don't know what im takin about go back to the mud pit and I posted a vid on it...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are these maverick overheating issues? I drove one up 9000feet at 2kmh with 4 people on it and it never went above half. They are not mud machines so obviously they will heat up when plugged with crap.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one has said what this new 1000 weighs yet? It was a huge deal that the maverick was 200lbs heavier I'm curious if the new 1000 is the same weight as the 900xp LOL.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if a person is performance minded then why would you buy this years maverick anyways? If you know Can-am then you know that QE visco is a must.... so is PS...another must is a FULLY adjustable shock.. not these half a*s pieces of crap... maybe great if you toot a lue down the trail but if your buying a machine that's performance oriented as the maverick or even the 1000rzrs are... then why in the heck would you not want 3 of the most important things that a machine of this caliber should have............ its the same a bit for the new popo... wait a year... this year they come out with a seeminly awesome machine and put kaka shocks on it...lol ...don't care that there Walker/evan shocks... they are entry models... no rebound( so important ) and no hi/lo compression... the shocks you need are the ones in the vid! lol.... it is a marketing thing thou.. every year add on to make it better or buy one now and up grade things to make the machine better...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
weighs? who cares! lol... have you watched that vid I posted... if not watch it.. after that tell me your still worried about weight......hehe

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure Maxwell... just that now we rode with one.. brand new.. In shop 5 times I heard.. every trip...not nice... I heard this a few times..but not much... the thing I hear is on the clutches.. many issiues in the states.. can-am is looking into it.. many have changed to aftermarket clutches now down there now.....still a nice machine thou..

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one has said what this new 1000 weighs yet? It was a huge deal that the maverick was 200lbs heavier I'm curious if the new 1000 is the same weight as the 900xp LOL.

The facts are :The new rzr has 24% more RWHP,better suspension,more wheel travel. A longer wheelbase,tube chassis,better all wheel drive system,no limiter in low range,no stupid throttle limiters when your spinning,better clutching,faster top speed. Much nore ground clearence and stability. It is much faster 0 to 30 as well as 0 to 50 times head to head against the maverick..........

Not much point in worrying over the weight............lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if a person is performance minded then why would you buy this years maverick anyways? If you know Can-am then you know that QE visco is a must.... so is PS...another must is a FULLY adjustable shock.. not these half a*s pieces of crap... maybe great if you toot a lue down the trail but if your buying a machine that's performance oriented as the maverick or even the 1000rzrs are... then why in the heck would you not want 3 of the most important things that a machine of this caliber should have............ its the same a bit for the new popo... wait a year... this year they come out with a seeminly awesome machine and put kaka shocks on it...lol ...don't care that there Walker/evan shocks... they are entry models... no rebound( so important ) and no hi/lo compression... the shocks you need are the ones in the vid! lol.... it is a marketing thing thou.. every year add on to make it better or buy one now and up grade things to make the machine better...

I don't know much about shocks unfortunately....but the maverick has fox podiums with rebound, compression and spring tension adjustment? What's missing?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ridden one? Or maybe just suckin back a bit too much red juice? Could be a POS....you don't know. The RZR 900 has a lot of weak points....if you and the other Poolaid drinkers are lucky, maybe Poo has fixed some of them....

On paper...yup, it's ahead. A lot? LOL Really? I never heard you Poo tooters say that the Mav was "a lot" ahead of the RZR900, but on paper it was ahead....

It is faster,in 0 to 30 and 50. Has more power,better suspension,a tube chassis,BETTER clutching,more ground clearence...for a start.
It has 24 % more RWHP and a flatter torque curve than the mav,a better4x4 system,better shocks and a much stronger drive train....

I have not rode it (lol), but most of the Mavrick owners who had a spin on them at dunefest recently admitted it totally outperforms their mavericks....
As far as being a POS ,might be but it will be fast selling CHIT i can tell you that............

Sorry i know this rustles the CA guys but this unit is out in front by a long ways..........Paper & real world !!

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The facts are :The new rzr has 24% more RWHP,better suspension,more wheel travel. A longer wheelbase,tube chassis,better all wheel drive system,no limiter in low range,no stupid throttle limiters when your spinning,better clutching,faster top speed. Much nore ground clearence and stability. It is much faster 0 to 30 as well as 0 to 50 times head to head against the maverick..........

Not much point in worrying over the weight............lol
So 107 hp vs 101 HP somehow translates into 24% RWHP more? HAHAHA. Comon, you know better. Running lower gears anyone can manipulate a wheel dyno....but enough with the Poolaid.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave when does your maverick arrive so we can go for a ride????

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your right your brute force is a far better machine,,,,,,,,,,State of the art.

Top Bottom