Plastic Polish... Removing mild scuffs and rubs out of hood plastics...

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What has the Snow and Mud Nation used for polishing/ rubbing out MINOR scuffs and scrapes in the plastic on your sled????
Got some small "rashes" on the sled over the season, no real cuts or gouges.... But definately noticeable....

Some plastic is dull, some is polished shiny look..... What would work best to repair????

Ive heard some people use toothpaste as a super mild abrasives to buff and polish out , also using the headlight lens repair kits u can get at a auto store..

Anything else, I know im not the only one that had scuffed the sleds up and have tried to resolve the issue as a DIY solution...

Thanks all!!!!!!!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't got a trick for scratches but for the white stress marks use a heat gun! Just heat the area and they disappear! That might work for some scratches to?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't got a trick for scratches but for the white stress marks use a heat gun! Just heat the area and they disappear! That might work for some scratches to?

One year old and you have scratches??? You must ride the trees a lot!

I thought just the boys in the Koots had the tight tree problems and scratches. When I sell my sleds, I tell em' that's just a little character building.

If they don't like the scratches, the best solution is for the new buyer to put a wrap on it! Easy-peasy.....:)

starfire72

Reaction score
novus has a plastic polish that works great.....cant remeber where i got it, but i can get the exact description if u want. i think i have seen it on ebay

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried that sled brite stuff? I think is made in Calgary

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Sled brite works good........ I also use tire shine sprays, and then a little arm work, and most scuffs disappear..... Heat works with the "stress marks", like neilsledder stated

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GE Polynershapes in calgary has the novus plastic polish

1440 Aviation Pk NE

Calgary, AB
T3E 7E2

Phone: 403-250-1670

works on everything

great for plexiglass windshields and chrome
use it on anything you want to make shine and polish

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the Non-shiny parts, I just use a Mr.Clean magic eraser & spray nine. Magic eraser will scratch the crap out of anything shiny.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use lucas slick shine I think it's called seems to work good and makes the plastic slippery like snot no snow sticky for a few rides anyways

JDen

Reaction score
An old trick I learned years ago in the dirt bike world (and also yes I have done it and it worked great) was to rub it down with a lacquer thinner to get all the dirt and grime out of the cut/scuff/whatever you want to call it, and then buff it down with mop n glow floor wax. Every dirt bike I've ever had I have done this to and it has worked great, never tried it on the sleds but I don't see why it would be any different.

Top Bottom