Planar Diesel Heater for Trailer

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks pretty similar to the espar or webasto sleeper heaters.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a couple of cheap knock off webasto ones off amazon - $250 cdn delivered - and they worked well. Wanted something that had a low draw as we leave our trailer overnight and want to let the heater run off battery only.
Of course depends on size of trailer, ambient temp and most importantly if the trailer is insulated. If trailer is well insulated it doesn't need a monster furnace but air flow is biggest factor as of the ice is going to be in the skid.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know a couple guys that have the knock off ones. They work just as good as my Webasto. There is one that come as a portable heater. Has battery fuel tank and all the vents in one package.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this Planar a “knock off”.... or just another brand?
Who is in the “know” about what these unit are capable of?
I'm very interested in what someone with experience and who installs these had to say...

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this Planar a “knock off”.... or just another brand?
Who is in the “know” about what these unit are capable of?
I'm very interested in what someone with experience and who installs these had to say...

A friend bought one off ebay or somewhere for a couple hundred. We haven't had time to install it yet.

Woodsie1984

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a planar 44D (4kw) that I installed in my jet boat. Have had it for 2 seasons now and problem free. I always run it on low and heats my boat no problem. Tried it on high once when I first got it and cooked me with in 2 hours of sleeping in my boat..lol I believe they are made in Russia if I remember right.

roughriders

Reaction score
The neo dealer is Saskatoon has been installing diesel heaters. Not sure if same as these, but they where pretty happy with them

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The neo dealer is Saskatoon has been installing diesel heaters. Not sure if same as these, but they where pretty happy with them

I have one. In my trailer I bought from them last Jan. They are espar heaters. Work good.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We do alot of sleeping in the trailer some in B.C. in remote locations to far to go back to town at night ( Hate doing a 2- 3 hour drive after sledding all day) and we do Ice fishing in remote lakes in Sask, trailer is 30 ft with 2 inches of spray foam insulation in the roof 1.5 inches in the walls and 6 inches on the floor, in central/ southern B.C. a 20 000 btu heater will be ok ( -10 at most ) in anything colder I had to go up to a 40 000 btu heater, Even if we are not spending the night in the trailer and just trying to melt the sleds off. It takes alot of heat to melt off 4 frozen sleds , and having a separate fan will help circulate the air

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We do alot of sleeping in the trailer some in B.C. in remote locations to far to go back to town at night ( Hate doing a 2- 3 hour drive after sledding all day) and we do Ice fishing in remote lakes in Sask, trailer is 30 ft with 2 inches of spray foam insulation in the roof 1.5 inches in the walls and 6 inches on the floor, in central/ southern B.C. a 20 000 btu heater will be ok ( -10 at most ) in anything colder I had to go up to a 40 000 btu heater, Even if we are not spending the night in the trailer and just trying to melt the sleds off. It takes alot of heat to melt off 4 frozen sleds , and having a separate fan will help circulate the air

you have spray foam in the walls? I have heard negative feed back so curious

Top Bottom