pipes or big bore kit

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering wich would be better bang for buck on a 670 ho. stock they say aprox 125-130hp will i get better power for dollars from a set of pipes or a big bore. i have been looking at pipes and they range from 450 to 700 what does a big bore cost? I am able to do assembly stuff but will need parts and machining done for me. what is tuning like after if i bore it out? i know pipes can be a real pain in the backside. thanks:d

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a 670 ho. Didn't do a big bore but had it ported, polished, shorty cover, oil injection delete, twin pipes, pods instead of air box, race pak. HP was dynoed at 147. Dialed it in for around home and a little tuning the first time in the mountains. Didn't find it to be a pain at all. You can get real picky if you want and spend more time tuning than riding. All in all I think it was around $3000.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wiseco makes a piston and sleeve kit for the 670 that is about $750. Get the pistons coated, a good shop should be able to do the work for $6-700. Get ahold of Ralph over at Split Second, or call Tom @ Mot's Machining in St.Albert - they can give you a rundown on cost and availability.

Top Bottom