Pipe suggestions

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinkin about a pipe and y pipe. What are guys running besides stock? Slp seems pretty common. I wanted to get something that I could use with a specialty can if possible. Probably better to stay with one brand though. And another question was is a fuel controller required?i'm thinkin it is but am unsure.any input would be great, thanks

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinkin about a pipe and y pipe. What are guys running besides stock? Slp seems pretty common. I wanted to get something that I could use with a specialty can if possible. Probably better to stay with one brand though. And another question was is a fuel controller required?i'm thinkin it is but am unsure.any input would be great, thanks

Ive had good experience with speedwerx pipe setup, also had good experience with d&d. You can run aftermarket y pipe, can, intake, and reeds without needing a fuel controller. You do need a controller if running an aftermarket pipe.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure on the 800 H.O. you need to run a controller as soon as you change the Y-pipe. You can run a can and change the reeds; but on Speedwerx website they have a PC5 map for stock with a Y-Pipe.

Last edited:

geordiep

Reaction score
Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, you can run a y pipe, can and intake without a fuel controller, but as stated once you change the pipe a fuel controller is needed. My dad has a D&D y pipe and can on his and it runs awesome, very noticeable power difference from stock.

I'm pretty sure on the 800 H.O. you need to run a controller as soon as you change the Y-pipe. You can run a can and change the reeds; but on Speedwerx website they have a PC5 map for stock with a Y-Pipe.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, you can run a y pipe, can and intake without a fuel controller, but as stated once you change the pipe a fuel controller is needed. My dad has a D&D y pipe and can on his and it runs awesome, very noticeable power difference from stock.

I haven't ran just the ypipe itself, you say you can notice the power difference?? Can't be much of a difference can it? I might pick one up this year for shits and giggles

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't ran just the ypipe itself, you say you can notice the power difference?? Can't be much of a difference can it? I might pick one up this year for shits and giggles

They say 4 hp. Take that for what is is........ Good clutching will get you alot futher than a couple of phantom hp every time. RKT has released a helix for the ProClimb. I talked to to Kelsey and they are doing custom cuts for different altitudes for $99.00. I know what option I would pick between a helix or a Y-pipe; and the Y-pipe is also 3 times the cost.:beer:

Top Bottom