pipe line into the notch

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode into the notch yesterday and still not enough snow landmines are hidden pretty good rite now with all the powder ,big mogules on the pipe line, no base yet i bent a couple a arms along with a few other guys, a guy with a new apex turbo 100k on it wrote off on a big rock and there was a another trashed yamy left for dead also they were waiting on a chopper, we left to head back and 2 out of 3 08 xps blew up on the trail and the third was having clutch issues along with belt failure and clutch temps of 190+ deg. other than that it was all good. lol.......:d

greginbragg

Reaction score
Rode this area on the 4th and 5th. Saw the two dead Yammy trailmarkers but wasn't aware of anyone else having problems. We didn't view the conditions of both the pipeline and the trees as being as bad as swabby did. We rode from Corbin to the notch on Sunday, played off the pipeline quite a bit and had no problems. The pipeline was a bit whooped but no worse than it usually is and could find some untouched fresh snow on the sides that made for some fun. Snowed all day Sunday and Monday so conditions were improving. About 3 feet of snow in the trees but much less in the windblown areas. No base but we rode off trail quite a bit and didn't hit any landmines. Also rode the Rolling Hills area between the cabin and Fernie. Not enough snow to really get off the trail but it was dumping pretty good. Another two - three feet and it should be great. Overall, all three of us felt it was well worth the trip from Calgary.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode saturday and it was starting to snow when we left so you guys probly got bit more coverage from landmines we found the landmines when cutin washers and side hilling there was a few of us that found junk under the snow. those yamys were still there ? the 1 only had 100ks and pounded a boulder just comin into the notch ,he said 20k.for that sled

InnOnTheBorder

Lodge in Crowsnest
Reaction score
Website
www.innontheborder.com
Last report today is the boys had a great day on the line. Lookin forward to ridin this week, Wed. - Fri here, then off to cranbrook for the weekend to ride with the DRAGON!
I'm out.
We still have room on the Jan. 23rd weekend. Give us a call!!!
Curtis

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probly wont have a chance to go for a bit yet im being run like a rented mule, realy buisy rite now and almost scared to ask for time off with the chity looking economy and besides my new holtz a arms arnt in yet ,got more trophies out at the notch last trip :crutch:fu $$*$%^$#! sakes anyways i couldnt even lift my leg for 2 days :crutch:hows that for some funny chit Curt :alol2: hows the 370 treatin cooper? :Cool9:

Top Bottom