Pine Pass 2009-2010

DOONORTH

Reaction score
:) BC WEBCAM SITE SHOWS A GOOD START AT PK AS OF 10/26/09 MID AFTERNOON. HOWEVER, THE CAM IS DOWN FROM THERE SO CAN'T SEE THE LATEST:party2:

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in the PinePass on Saturday 21st we had lots of good snow lots of stucks and sores. We had a great time I am so stiff.:d:beer::d:beer:

gp2pk

Reaction score
hope the snows gonna be set up in two weeks big trip out that way second week of december !! first ride of the season so pumped been modding out my buddies toys along as my own lol should have a new ride this year ! looks like pk is in for some warm weather and a bit of rain should set that snow up great!:d:beer::rant:

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d:beer::d:beer:Go to photobucket then go into 700summitguy the first 10 pic's are us. Take a look most of the pic's are of the Pine Pass ENJOY

robhayward

Reaction score
We did Hasler on Nov 20 and 21. First day was a big effort breaking trail but it's concrete now. Huge snow out there!!!, went half way down the creek to Alum bowl on Sunday. The creek was wicked fun and burnt all our gas.

Remember to call road radio and switch at 9km. We were run off the road because of the channel switch and didn't have warning to find a pullout.

WCE Hassler for 1-9km
Canfor Chet for 10-45km

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So hasler is good eh. Anyone been to old friend or beaver creek yet? Heading out somewher on Dec 6

Grizzlytwin

Reaction score
so the trail up to the Murray Pub sign (if it is still there been years isnce i have been up there) is solid and no prob to that point?

gxsrboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to the pass on sunday, before beaver creek on the right ,dont know the name it was my first time there, had a good day,snow was good,ill try and post a couple of pics

Attachments

• 2004_0927sled09summ0089.jpg
    2004_0927sled09summ0089.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 2004_0927sled09summ0092.jpg
    2004_0927sled09summ0092.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 2004_0927sled09summ0097.jpg
    2004_0927sled09summ0097.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 101
  • 2004_0927sled09summ0090.jpg
    2004_0927sled09summ0090.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

gp2pk

Reaction score
rode pine pass all weekend managed to fined some untouched snow in hassler friday was a good warm day but did a check and theres a wicked bad layer about 18 inches down.. we where causing some good slides and wen we left powder king yesterday it was falling hard ! gonna get dangerous out there after this storm

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did Hasler on Nov 20 and 21. First day was a big effort breaking trail but it's concrete now. Huge snow out there!!!, went half way down the creek to Alum bowl on Sunday. The creek was wicked fun and burnt all our gas.

Remember to call road radio and switch at 9km. We were run off the road because of the channel switch and didn't have warning to find a pullout.

WCE Hassler for 1-9km
Canfor Chet for 10-45km
the frequency has changed for the first 9 kms since last season, Spectra Energy must have their own frequency that they changed from when it was Westcoast Energy. the only place I saw the new numbers was on the sign coming from km 9 onto the westcoast and are as follows, 150.5300 and 114.8 tone. the tone thing is a pizzer, I know from experience that some radios will not transmit or receive without the tones programmed in unless the radio has a "monitor" feature. even then, if others are not on the "monitor" setting they will not hear your transmissions. will try to contact Spectra Energy today to see what is up with the change and why there is no mention of it at the turnoff from the highway.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OKAY - Got the story from Expert Mobile.
All of the frequencies South of the Peace River on the BC side are being change to RR Frequencies. So the first 9 km's on the Hasler Road, (WCE or Spectra or Hasler, depending on who you talk to) is changed to RR19A. The 114.8 Tone equals the "A" designation on the frequency and nothing more. If you put in the right channel your away.
Corrective Action = Take you radio in and get it re-programmed with the new channels and names and your back to good.
Don't know about all the dealers, but I bought my RELM at Expert, and it's free to update from them.
what are "RR" frequencies?

polcat27

Reaction score
Rode Silver Sands Friday and Saturday. Hard crust on trail until first cabin at km14 then there was anywhere from 8"-12" of fresh but it was settled. Broke trail to 5 cabins and beyond but still lacking snow. Creeks had lots of flood water and open in areas. Watch out. Snow pack wasn't very safe so no hills were touched.

Top Bottom