Picking up my brand new 2011 M8 Ltd Saturday...

ajb1205

Reaction score
Sold my 2010 RMK Assault, and after hearing more and more about Polaris quality lately, I have decided to try a different brand (have only owned Polaris in the past). My bro-in-law has a 2011 M1000 and loves it...I was able to find a brand new (in crate) 2011 M8 Ltd that I am picking up from the dealer on Saturday. I have the full HD skid plate ordered and am still undecided on a can (either Jaws or D&D). Anything else I should be changing or adding right off the bat? Is it necessary to upgrade thge DD bearing right now? Can't wait to try it out over the Christmas holidays.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=1]BDX Anti-Slop Steering Post Support,RKTEK secondary to start. Have a D&D can on mine,pretty happy with it.[/h]

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jaws cans work good. Cutlers secondary clutch kit works good too. I wouldnt worry about the dd. Once your warranty is over you should check the bearings every season or just replace them. A few side vents wouldnt hurt either.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the DD brg should be changed sooner than later some last and some dont

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your buying a can make sure you can match a pipe up to it in the future, I would recommend SLP or Speedwerx

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good purchase with the 2011, you'll have more fun and be further up the hill than a 12 or 13 proclimb :)

Demon13

Reaction score
Dalton primary adjustables, Dalton straight 38 secondary helix, V-force reeds, Jaws can, Gauge relocate, Side Vent kit, Mountain addiction gas cans.

Ride it like you stole it.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do the DD bearing right away. its not hard and it will save you from a tow back to the truck. You will love the cat!! How loud do you want it to be. If you want loud get the jaws, if you want slightly louder than stock i would suggest a skinz super Q.

ajb1205

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. My bro-in-law has a Jaws on his m1000 and I love how it sounds (plus I can pick one up locally, too). Forgot about the side vents and the gauge relocate. Those will be tops on my list.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BDX post brace a must as BigDog said. Vents, secondary clutch and a Boondocker/Attitude box if you can afford it. Can for sure. Gauge relocation bracket is a must do, the Cat boards are the best, no need to change them right now IMO. Skis should be changed as well, but get some miles on it first. DD should be good for a couple hundred miles at least, but you could have the dealer do it now as part of the sale.

ajb1205

Reaction score
Picked up a Jaws can and ordered the gauge relocate from Canada Sled Parts. Next will be some side vents but that will have to wait a bit...have to drive it a bit first lol.

DPike

Reaction score
I would upgrade the track to the camo extreme and when doing that would upgrade the DD bearing. You will get good money for your used new track so it wont cost much.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good purchase with the 2011, you'll have more fun and be further up the hill than a 12 or 13 proclimb :)

Are you high? Stock to stock an 11 m8 will not out do a 12 or 13 m8, been there tried that, dads 12 and 13 both outclimb and out perform my 11

ajb1205

Reaction score
Took it out for the first time yesterday. So far, very impressed. Coming from a 2010 800 Assault, the M8 eats it alive as far as power goes. The Jaws can sounds super nice especially when you get on the throttle. Also installed the gauge relocate from Canada Sled Parts as well as the full HD belly pan (worth the extra $$$ anyday as it covers everything underneath...and fairly simple to install, too). The telescoping handlebars are another huge thumbs up...makes taking the kids for rides super nice. Just need some fresh white.

Top Bottom