Pic of 2011 M8 Ltd with wrapped tunnel

ajb1205

Reaction score
Vinyl cost me $60 (probably enough to do another tunnel...or at the very least maybe some hood graphics) and maybe 3 hours or so of my time. The vinyl is 3m Scotchprint 1080 in satin black...designed for wrapping vehicles so it is very easy to work worth compared to regular vinyl. I am more than happy with the end result.

m8wrappedtunnel.jpg

Before pic:
m8ltdpicfixed_zps39537ebf.jpg

Last edited:

ajb1205

Reaction score
I own a automotive tinting company...got it from my tint supplier. Any tint or vinyl shop should be able to get it for you.

Sent from my Samsung 4s

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you pull the seat and tank off? is it one peice or id the top and sides seperate?

ajb1205

Reaction score
I had thought about trying to do it in one piece but am glad I didn't! Yes, I removed the seat, the rear board supports and the rear taillight/snowflap. Pictures don't show it but I also got my buddy who owns an autobody shop to smoke the rear taillight, too. It was easy enough...cut 2 pieces approx. 10" by 60" long for the sides (overlapped it approx. 1/2" onto the top side of the tunnel and then one piece for the top (if memory serves me correct approx. 17" by 48")and over lapped the sides about 1/2". You want to do the sides first and the top last so your seams are on the sides...can't even see them unless you look really close. Snow doesn't stick nearly as bad either...which is the other reason I wanted to try this.

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good, think I will be doing mine. Do your rear bumper and running boards lime green to match and your rails black and that will be one wicked(er) looking unit.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sort of bringing up an old thread, but thought I'd post some pics of my sled with the tunnel wrapped! Pretty easy stuff to work with, easy to apply with just 2 people working it on (only experience I have with this sort of stuff is tinting windows on 2 vehicles). Applied it the same way as ajb did his, removed gas caddy, rear board supports and tail light. Did sides first and top last. Finished product looks wicked!
IMG_2087.jpg
7676.jpg

arcticcatnoss

Reaction score
Here is a few photos of my wife 2011 m8 sp. New Sled wrap was custom make by Sweet Ride in Lloydminster image.jpg She wanted a new wrap to match her jacket image.jpg They do good work give them a try

Top Bottom