phantom fan on 05 scrambler 500

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fan seems to periodically kick in while machine has been off for hours or days took all connections apart and cleaned/dielectrical greased and thought I had it however I went into garage this evening to find the fan running key off and machine hasnt run since mon thinkin maybe temp sesor but the only sensor i see is in the engine not the rad?? seems a little strange also curios if on these machines if the fan is intended to run until things cool off even with key off PLEASE HELP

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fan seems to periodically kick in while machine has been off for hours or days took all connections apart and cleaned/dielectrical greased and thought I had it however I went into garage this evening to find the fan running key off and machine hasnt run since mon thinkin maybe temp sesor but the only sensor i see is in the engine not the rad?? seems a little strange also curios if on these machines if the fan is intended to run until things cool off even with key off PLEASE HELP
take your vin to a dealer or pm me, sounds like you have a defective ecm. me be a recall on it. the 05 sportsman 500 was famous for this.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine will only run till cool with key on,never had it come one otherwise,intrested to know what you find though.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turned out to be the ecu and thanks to the great troubleshooting tips from rainy creek:beer:

Top Bottom