Performance issues

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the raves open to quickly you end up with wasted fuel and air being unburned which in some cases is cause for a rich condition especially with modded engines, you've increased the flow through the engine by adding exhaust and intake mods. Just my opinion but ive always run the rave screws turned all the way in on mod engines and they seem to run much better.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i do. I suspect you are running fat. But rather than lean the jets down, get more air in.

hmmmmm, i said that too, but the only way to tell is by checking the spark plugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,otherwise this is all useless speculation and a problem cannot be solved by guessing.... Either get it on a dyno(mots has one), or give a short hard pull and check the plugs.............. But keep guessing as to what the problem is=== this is entertaining to see who has the best "guess"....... Lol

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the raves open to quickly you end up with wasted fuel and air being unburned which in some cases is cause for a rich condition especially with modded engines, you've increased the flow through the engine by adding exhaust and intake mods. Just my opinion but ive always run the rave screws turned all the way in on mod engines and they seem to run much better.

It's an 800r motor with computer controlled Raves....no adjustment. Although you can cut them down and they open sooner.

hmmmmm, i said that too, but the only way to tell is by checking the spark plugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,otherwise this is all useless speculation and a problem cannot be solved by guessing.... Either get it on a dyno(mots has one), or give a short hard pull and check the plugs.............. But keep guessing as to what the problem is=== this is entertaining to see who has the best "guess"....... Lol

Yup.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
All good points, also check your compression....it's always good to check compression with the stock head and then after the new addition to see the increase. Check your compression, maybe answer is there...wouldn't be the first time domes were mixed up.

One of my buddies running a 14:1 head was same as mine (also with 14:1 head) and Dj kits too in both, he added y-pipe and pipe and had to drop a clicker compared to mine, side by side. Now his sled is noticeably better in the deep. So if you added Hp, you will need to adjust weight up or clicker down as you will overrev due to the increased Hp.

DV8ED Digger

Reaction score
I feel like the quiet little fat kid in the corner who is mumbling something under his breath but no one can hear him till there is a lull in the conversation.

checkthesparkplugscheckthesparkplugscheckthesparkplugscheckthesparkplugscheckthesparkplugs....

I know it has been mentioned on this thread already and I apologize for my somewhat cruel humor however it just seems wrong to do engine mods of any description and not pull a spark plug or two out to get a visiual on what might possibly be happening in the old detonation chamber... whether good or bad.

Top Bottom