Peace Valley Snow Riders club meeting.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After a successful organizational meeting held at Thomas Homes and RV in Peace River on October 15th, a snowmobile club was formed for the Peace River area. A president, vice-president, and secretary treasurer as well as a trail comittee were chosen amongst the 27 people in attendance.

An ASA mebership package was requested and delivered, we have since sold the required amount of passes to qualify our club for ASA membership. ASA trail passes and PVSR club memberships are currently available for purchase at Thomas Homes as well as Maximum Powersports in Peace River, or by contacting any of the three contacts listed below.

Our first club meeting will be held at the ski chalet on Misery Mountain ski hill wednesday November 25 at 8:30pm, new members are encouraged and welcome to attend. ASA trail passes and Peace Valley Snow Riders memberships will be available for purchase, we have no debit capabilities so please bring cash or cheque for membership/trail pass purchases. Refreshments will be available for a small fee.

For more information, please contact one of the following members:
Bernie, President: 780-617-4436
Tim, Vice President: 780-618-7864
Troy, Secretary/Treasurer: 780-618-6649

Hope to see you there!

Troy.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats to being a new club. I will ask Ron to put up a section for your club in the Alberta Snowmobile club section. I talked to Chris from the ASA the other night about the club building trails. I got him some trail signage to show town Council. Has that meeting happened yet?
Also asked him to ask the trail committee if they have a way to Bison Lake from Peace river. La creete club can come that far south with their groomer.

Nice to see interest in that part of the province.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats to being a new club. I will ask Ron to put up a section for your club in the Alberta Snowmobile club section. I talked to Chris from the ASA the other night about the club building trails. I got him some trail signage to show town Council. Has that meeting happened yet?
Also asked him to ask the trail committee if they have a way to Bison Lake from Peace river. La creete club can come that far south with their groomer.

Nice to see interest in that part of the province.
Thanks Glen, I think Chris is supposed to be here for the meeting on the 25th, not sure when he's meeting with town council. We have to work on getting the current town bylaws relaxed as there is a zero tolerance OHV ban in place.

As for a trail to Bison Lake, there are a lot of deactivated logging roads on the east side of the river and I will mention it to see if we can get some forestry maps of the area. They built a high grade haul road on that side of the river that is eventually supposed to go all the way up to Fort Vermillion so that loaded trucks would not have to be restricted by ice thickness at the Tomkins Landing crossing. There may be some old seismic lines that parallel the high grade, and there are at least 4 river crossings on that route.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There was a club a while ago when I was the ASA president bt fizzled out fast. Dont go to fast and bite off to much. Get a good base membership and grow from that. Oh Ya before you find out the hard way there will be a core group that seems to do all the work. Thats just the way it goes if you have ever been involved in any type of club. Just making you aware but you probally know that already. Some are dooers many are not.
Looking forward to seeing more from your club

Thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Troy, the most important relationshipsyou can cultivate are with your SRD (Sustainable Resources)area guys. If you get them on side it really speeds up the slow wheels of government when it comes to getting trails approved.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Troy, the most important relationshipsyou can cultivate are with your SRD (Sustainable Resources)area guys. If you get them on side it really speeds up the slow wheels of government when it comes to getting trails approved.
thanks for the tip Mitch, I believe they will have representation at the meeting....I'll turn on the charm. (I'll see how much I have learned from Denny) :d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip Mitch, I believe they will have representation at the meeting....I'll turn on the charm. (I'll see how much I have learned from Denny) :d

Just don't eat their dinner if they go to the can.......:d

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like in our club its SFP same five people most of the time. But when it counts we have a good turnout. We need snow for the good counts. Poor quader numbers in the fort Club.
Peace river club will do just fine. Talked to Chriss at the ASA he is ready for the meeting.
I signed him up to Snow and Mud. Name is "The ASA Guy".

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TTT....meeting is tonite, 8:30 pm at the ski chalet on Misery Mountain.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Teeroy is on his way to Valemount along with wizzy, tabneil bigdawg and a few others.......

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well how did it go?? Good turnout?? What now???

Good luck see you at the meetings
The meeting went well, I think we had about the same turnout as the first meeting. We have 46 ASA/PVSR memberships sold, and hope to at least double that by season end.

We are all new to this, and I was unsure of how we were progressing but Chris seemed to think that we are doing very well and it was encouraging to hear that from him, I think we are on the right track! Chris also brought some trail signs for us to check out, and donated them to the club! Thanks goes to the ASA, as well as Chris for making the journey up here to sit in and provide us with some direction and encouragement.

Our Trail Comittee is making good progress and has set out a plan for trails north of Peace River to be marked, we will start sending work parties out to clear some undergrowth and map the proposed route with GPS. A big "thank you" goes out to Dwayne Buchholtz for all his work on this, we have the ball rolling on getting some of the Peace River anti-OHV policies changed, a huge step forward.

We are going to schedule the next meeting for mid december. We will set a date after we are granted society status and then we can start some serious fundraising, as well as apply for some of the available grants through the government and the ASA.

Things are looking good for the Peace Valley Snow Riders club. Thanks to everyone that attended the meeting, and hope to see you again in December!

Teeroy is on his way to Valemount along with wizzy, tabneil bigdawg and a few others.......
I couldn't leave yesterday with the rest of the gang, Morty and I both have to work today and will be in Valemount tonite.

Top Bottom