PCV Autotune - Good,Bad, or Other?

sebrook

Reaction score
Putting on Speedwerx full exhaust and PCV and was wondering if Autotune was worth it. Does it actually monitor/control each side of motor? If running PCV can you rely on Speedwerx map and be safe or do you have to run the A/F sensors and gauges to be safe. Bro in law has same sled and setup with 1700 miles with no problem but I know they don't all work the same.

tchriste

Reaction score
Putting on Speedwerx full exhaust and PCV and was wondering if Autotune was worth it. Does it actually monitor/control each side of motor? If running PCV can you rely on Speedwerx map and be safe or do you have to run the A/F sensors and gauges to be safe. Bro in law has same sled and setup with 1700 miles with no problem but I know they don't all work the same.

I run an 09 M8 with speedwerx pipe, porting and a few other mods and I run the PCV and have the autotune. I have had good success with the autotune however it does take a lot of work to workout the AFR. If you don't want/like to play (tuning) and just want to pull and go I would recommend either staying with Speedwerx map or talk to Racinstation on SnoWest and he will develop a map for you. The speedwerx map will be a safer (richer) map than Erics, however Erics maps work very well and run clean.
Good luck.

Top Bottom