Parts list to have on hand for the Ski Doo 850 Turbo

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, been stuck too many times in too many places for nickel and dime parts. Have always carried a small assortment of metric nuts, bolts, and washers. Same goes for a rear idler wheel. Had to replace those 3 different times. Kinda screwed on a 2 wheel Axle if a wheel cracks

Ever heard of the stuff called "LOCTITE", it keeps all that hardware nice and snuggly. just saying

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't ride doo. used to carry plenty in the trailer and a little on the sled. at one point i probably had more stock than the dealer i worked for. used the odd a arm.
scratchers. quick drive belt for someone else on the hill. i've been lucky and not broke down. don't ride near as hard as most though. my trailer is pretty sparce now. fug it. if it breaks. burn it, lol.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you loctite every nut and bolt on your snowmobile when you buy it? I call bullchit. Lol

Yes i pretty much do, my sleds are not assembled and are in the crate.
Any sled coming through my shop gets the same treatment, all hardware is loctite, being a large portion of my custom work is skid/suspension related and chassis.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has it blown up? dont fawk with the oil system then lol

the back smoke dust is very bad on the yellow machines. but its no worse than any other 850 just shows up more on the yellow

There throwing the jug of oil a day at it for less warrenty claims.. means they save money but at your expense..

Turned mine up 2 numbers second year and no more embarrassing smoke stains and all good, pulling a lot more boost than your three lbs

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever heard of the stuff called "LOCTITE", it keeps all that hardware nice and snuggly. just saying

I'm more diligent than the average bear, but some of the people I ride with aren't. If they aren't riding, I'm likely not riding, so we take enough stuff to make sure we're all taken care of.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the detailed, technical explanation of how "LOCTITE" works.

GreyGhost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d keep a extra set of the intake vents.....pretty easy to “accidentally” puncture one....not say I know from experience

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i bad, guess i carry parts LOL
I do carry an extra intake prefilter incase i tear the one and only and a belt that see's more miles in its stow.

But hey i get it, in a group of guys there is always that one or more that just doesn't believe in maintenance and you need to mother them by carrying extra. What about them unforeseen events, gorilla tape, zap ties and wire work in a pinch too. But some times you have to abandon and come back latter or call an airlift.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The only part I have extra is an extra set of intake vents, the factory skidoo ones, and I bring some duct tape to seal the hole if I rip it, then can be repaired at the hotel at night. Have my tool kit and used it on more sleds than my own. Not like those turbo Nytro days at all. The biggest issue I have is FUEL, need lots.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a good thing but i have essentially down sized my tool kit over the years, even more so this year. I don't even carry spark plugs any more for my Cat.
Today if your sled fails your unlikely to fix it in the hill's, unless you carry parts with you. If you crash it, tools are unlikely to do you any good, your more likely patching with duct tape and wire strapping.
But i do carry a couple of basic tool's, maybe 2lbs worth.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only part I have extra is an extra set of intake vents, the factory skidoo ones, and I bring some duct tape to seal the hole if I rip it, then can be repaired at the hotel at night. Have my tool kit and used it on more sleds than my own. Not like those turbo Nytro days at all. The biggest issue I have is FUEL, need lots.

How are you fixing the vents? Replacing the torn material somehow? I have a box full of frames with torn material. lol

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m curious what small parts you guys and gals think should be in the tunnel bag in addition to the usuals for these factory turbos, and at that not just because it’s a Turbo. I’m not asking for duct tape and zippy straps, but the actual dealer parts, nuts and bolts type thing. I remember seeing somewhere that a guy needed a bolt or something in VTown and SM had one I believe, so it sparked this question.
usually buy 2 sleds and strap one ta your back while riding the other 1 ... i find that workKs besT ... LMao

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes i pretty much do, my sleds are not assembled and are in the crate.
Any sled coming through my shop gets the same treatment, all hardware is loctite, being a large portion of my custom work is skid/suspension related and chassis.

I have seen in many of your posts you mention your shop and custom work for orders. What is the name of your custom sled shop? Is it CR racing that you have mentioned before? Do you have a website outlining services available?

Top Bottom