Parts for 93 First Gen Cummins

Patman

Reaction score
I have an old 3/4 tonne pickup that runs like a top! But the ol body and paint has not held up so good? I need to replace the front bumper and grille. Are there good used parts like this available around some of the auto wrecker yards in Calgary? Anybody been to?

The motor has never been touched....drive train and other moving parts replaced more than once so unit is still bone stock and totally reliable. I don't know how much these are worth with 200k?? So I either flip it or fix it up. Any advice on those of you that may have gone through this already?

Cheers,

Patman
:ramsfan_small:

PS - pic of the ol truck in my garage!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold mine and bought a 2nd gen. Much nicer truck to drive but I still have a soft spot for 1st gens. The oem grilles are impossible to find but a jobber replacement is easy to come by. Bumper should be straight forward as the W series had a long production life. A good buddy has restored one with all the body work and custom paint, lift, tires, twin turbos, swapped in a billet lockup trans and I still prefer my 2nd gen.

Patman

Reaction score
I sold mine and bought a 2nd gen. Much nicer truck to drive but I still have a soft spot for 1st gens. The oem grilles are impossible to find but a jobber replacement is easy to come by. Bumper should be straight forward as the W series had a long production life. A good buddy has restored one with all the body work and custom paint, lift, tires, twin turbos, swapped in a billet lockup trans and I still prefer my 2nd gen.

What aftermarket sites might service the Calgary area for the First Gen grille? I have one left over from my 2004 F350 I could maybe swap?

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a good article in the last Diesel Power magazine, a complete walk through of all the power stroke, duramax's and cummins engines. If you can find it, pick it up. If not, i'll try and post it up when i get home. There was some decent info in there about the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen engines.

Patman

Reaction score
I checked out rockauto.com and I definitely likes what I sees!! I will have to check out the shipping costs....that might be the deal breaker if they are across the line.

I did a lot of the recommendations Diesel Power mag had suggested for my Power Smoke I used to own. And those changes definitely made a huge improvement. I believe my ol cummins has a lot of potential depending on how much a fella wants to spend. I will look for that mag...was it this month's edition?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also check out the 1st gen section on diesel truck resource. There is a ton of knowledge over there.

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked out rockauto.com and I definitely likes what I sees!! I will have to check out the shipping costs....that might be the deal breaker if they are across the line.

I did a lot of the recommendations Diesel Power mag had suggested for my Power Smoke I used to own. And those changes definitely made a huge improvement. I believe my ol cummins has a lot of potential depending on how much a fella wants to spend. I will look for that mag...was it this month's edition?

I've ordered a few things from Rockauto, and usually their prices are what keep me going back. Their shipping costs are acceptable and you can get your quote right on the website. I usually ship via Fedex International Priority. If you order before noon, you should receive your package before 5pm the next day, so basically they overnight it. And compared to the UPS ground shipping, its only a couple bucks more. I have never bothered to ship anything via ground, so i have no info on how long it takes. Hope this helps!

Patman

Reaction score
I've ordered a few things from Rockauto, and usually their prices are what keep me going back. Their shipping costs are acceptable and you can get your quote right on the website. I usually ship via Fedex International Priority. If you order before noon, you should receive your package before 5pm the next day, so basically they overnight it. And compared to the UPS ground shipping, its only a couple bucks more. I have never bothered to ship anything via ground, so i have no info on how long it takes. Hope this helps!

The bumpers are likely too heavy for shipping. But I will try the aftermarket grille and see how that works out? Thanks Heaps for the advice!

Top Bottom