Parking WARS

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: spring snow conditions require staging further up.

This is to all the people who drive up the road and pass vehicles and trailers lined up along the road [FACING BACK DOWN THE ROAD]. You pass all of these rigs and come upon a large open area. This large open area was not intentionally left open for you because your so important you IDIOT....:nono:....ITS THE TURN AROUND FOR EVERYONE. The system works perfect till one person throws the screws to it. Even in winter you see 1 or 2 people screw up a parking lot that is made for 50 units and turn it into a 20 unit lot. It scares me to think this same lack of brain power is sledding out there with me.:eek::rant::(

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah I wish people with sled decks would consider leaving room for people with trailers to turn around in stead of setting up "camp" wherever they please, a little respent for the next fellow would be appreciated

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure Caper didn't mean to insult the "campers" with the decks... due to the fact that lots of times people cut off the room we "campers" need to reload also. I think everyone needs to use the thing between their ears out there in the staging areas :)

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure Caper didn't mean to insult the "campers" with the decks... due to the fact that lots of times people cut off the room we "campers" need to reload also. I think everyone needs to use the thing between their ears out there in the staging areas :)
I know what you mean...I`ve come back to my truck with the deck on and someone with a truck and trailer are parked 5 feet off my rear bumper. I felt like loading the sled from the hood of his/her truck. Back to the parking on the turn-a -round...not everyone knows( alot don`t care) I`ve meet lots of people who are sledding for the first time. So maybe a friendly note on the window( or scratched into his paint,hehe) might help solve the problem one at a time.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No i've never done that, And I didn't mean to insult anyone, Im a curtious person when I park, I was thinkin of instances where they were parked in such a way that it messes up the whole parking lot, to be honest I want a sled deck to make loading and unloading easier.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good points guys and I agree. I just bought a new enclosed and it is much easier to turn around in a large area then a small one cause people do use their brains to think of fellow riders. Want to park close parke beside them nor behind them.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll add one more story, we were in the renshaw lot last season, and one of our riders needed to used the ramp provided in the lot, its a very nice ramp, very heavy duty, and very obviously a LOADING RAMP. upon our return, at the end of a long day on the mountain, we came back to find a pick up with a deck parked sideways across the front of the ramp, and the lot only had 10 or 12 trucks in it. We had to wait for help and lift the sled into the truck. I dont know how anyone could not notice they were blocking a public loading ramp??????

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
common sense should prevail..... same thing as the idiots who park their sleds on a corner and stop for a smoke or whatever

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yep, we had a simular post about parking in Golden this winter. Just a little though on where to park and how others will be able to get around really makes it better for everyone.

It was quite funny as there was a sign that the club made that said NO PARKING truck turn around area, and someone put it on the tailgate of the truck that was parked in the wrong and this was a freestanding sign.:alol2:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No names .......................but seen a snow boarder park his volkswagon 1 foot infront of a truck and trailer that was backed up to the snow bank. A large Dodge Dually with a deck proceeded to hook up to the car and tow it 3 miles down the hill. Road was wet and slushy so it slid NICE.:D:D

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
No names .......................but seen a snow boarder park his volkswagon 1 foot infront of a truck and trailer that was backed up to the snow bank. A large Dodge Dually with a deck proceeded to hook up to the car and tow it 3 miles down the hill. Road was wet and slushy so it slid NICE.:D:D

:D.. Wondered where that wasco wabbit wagon got to ?? :headscratch3::hmm::dunno:

G

Guest1

No names ... but seen a snow boarder park his volkswagon 1 foot infront of a truck and trailer that was backed up to the snow bank. A large Dodge Dually with a deck proceeded to hook up to the car and tow it 3 miles down the hill. Road was wet and slushy so it slid NICE.:D:D

FUGGIN HIPPIES....:realmad: :mad: :rant: :nono:

OVER!!!

ps....LMPhAO!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's kind of funny, I drove by the Mcdonalds here in town this morning and what do I see? A bunch of trucks (3 or 4)with sled trailers pulled in the parking lot taking up pretty much the whole area. There is a big sign at the entrance asking folks driving RVs and rigs with trailers to please park on the street(which was empty) I guess they aren't just in the mountains.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's kind of funny, I drove by the Mcdonalds here in town this morning and what do I see? A bunch of trucks (3 or 4)with sled trailers pulled in the parking lot taking up pretty much the whole area. There is a big sign at the entrance asking folks driving RVs and rigs with trailers to please park on the street(which was empty) I guess they aren't just in the mountains.
damn straight, I drive truck ('cause I gotta eat) and see idiot parking everywhere. it drives me nuts to see a pickup pulling a utility trailer or sled hauler parked in a spot that it doesn't need to be parked. I chalk it up to "wannabe truckers", people think because it's big to them, they need the biggest spot......or they block me in so I can't get out.....some might remember the ol' trucking song "gimme 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around......" :D
pictures2664Small.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YUP, YOU GUYS ALL SAID IT.... IT'S ABOUT RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS.... DO THOSE GUYS/GALS(SEE, I'M NOT SEXIST -- TAKE A WOMAN TO LUNCH AND MAKE "HER" PAY!!) THINK THAT LARGE AREA, FARTHER UP THE HILL WAS SAVED FOR THEM AND EVERYONE ELSE "MYSTERIOUSLY" MISSED THAT SPOT???? :rant:

Top Bottom