Paradise Mine

decker1

Reaction score
They charged me 25. The trail was welll maintained but the riding area is small and they don't want you to use the warm up cabin

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are not doing tours it's not an issue. If they are general respect to vacate the cabin when the tours come in for lunch is expected.
There has been lots of abuse of the cabin. Earlier this year some people poached it over night and made a big mess. Beer cans everywhere, tossed the snacks that are for guests all over and burnt a bunch of firewood.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it's a trail ride for hot chocolate

The rest is mehhh, yawn

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ski terrain is awesome though.
I suppose if ur into that

Look the family there years ago on first mountain ride, wife said this is all u guys do when u go to the mountains..... I laughed

So then I took her to forester the next day, then she seen the difference lol

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a good spot for newbies, and families to go for a casual day/afternoon. Easy to not get lost.

decker1

Reaction score
If they are not doing tours it's not an issue. If they are general respect to vacate the cabin when the tours come in for lunch is expected.
There has been lots of abuse of the cabin. Earlier this year some people poached it over night and made a big mess. Beer cans everywhere, tossed the snacks that are for guests all over and burnt a bunch of firewood.

I can undestand a few disrespectfull people can ruin it for everyone. I asked if there was a warm up cabin and they said yes but only for the tour. It made our day short as my wife and kids were cold. I am going to have to get them some better snow gear I guess.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a good spot for newbies, and families to go for a casual day/afternoon. Easy to not get lost.

Great spot for unguided newbies to die in avalanches... Paradise Mines is a huge hazard unless you are experienced. Low snow+huge windloading+180 degrees of varying sun effect and directional loading winds = complex snowpack to naviagate.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great spot for unguided newbies to die in avalanches... Paradise Mines is a huge hazard unless you are experienced. Low snow+huge windloading+180 degrees of varying sun effect and directional loading winds = complex snowpack to naviagate.
As they do multiple daily tours in there they do avalance control of their own. If it was that dangerous I doubt they would have a full time operation running. I'm not saying there isnt hazards, but they are easy to avoid.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As they do multiple daily tours in there they do avalance control of their own. If it was that dangerous I doubt they would have a full time operation running. I'm not saying there isnt hazards, but they are easy to avoid.

Doing trail rides to the "hot chocolate hut" is hardly a risk. The wind swept cross and leeward loaded 180 degree bowl with sledders high marking it is.

Honestly I have no idea why people even go here beyond the guided snowmobile tours. Its no secret this place sucks!!

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what, you must be right.
Its not like I grew up in this area, and learned to ride mountain sleds at this zone.

All hail teamdirt "god of the mountains"

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been there several times over the years and take my family once a year. I always ask when I pay what the conditions are like and they are always more than helpful. I always respect other peoples property and when asked, they never have a problem with my family using the cabin to warm up. Even when there is a tour up on the hill, They even offered food/drink to us. I helped a couple of their clients last year that got off trail, They helped my daughter when she got of trail...be respectful to them and they will do the same in return. Just keep in mind, this is their business and they have to keep the clientele happy and give them the best experience possible. Go in with attitude and you may get treated differently then some of us. It wouldn't be any different if you walked into any business and tried to use everything they had without asking.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what, you must be right.
Its not like I grew up in this area, and learned to ride mountain sleds at this zone.

All hail teamdirt "god of the mountains"

If you grew up there 20 years ago and cut your teeth sledding at Paradise we most likely know each other.

If you think there is not much risk in this small zone then you are an idiot.

Good history of avalanche rescues and fatalities over the years have come out of this super small area.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you grew up there 20 years ago and cut your teeth sledding at Paradise we most likely know each other.

If you think there is not much risk in this small zone then you are an idiot.

Good history of avalanche rescues and fatalities over the years have come out of this super small area.
You got the wrong guy there champ.
But seriously, put your dick tape measure away.

As I was orginally saying. It is a great place for beginners and familys. People who WON'T be hillclimbing. And can enjoy a well maintained trail. And a zone with regular avalanche maintenance.

As I also said, there IS dangers there, but they are EASILY avoidable if you are SMART.

Its a short trail, and off a main road so you don't require a 4x4 vehicle. And as stated above, if you are respectful and nice to the guys who run the business up there they are more than happy to let you warm up quick. A great place for beginner sledders and familys to have a nice day out.

Thats my .02, if you feel differently, like you know better. Good for you.

decker1

Reaction score
I've been there several times over the years and take my family once a year. I always ask when I pay what the conditions are like and they are always more than helpful. I always respect other peoples property and when asked, they never have a problem with my family using the cabin to warm up. Even when there is a tour up on the hill, They even offered food/drink to us. I helped a couple of their clients last year that got off trail, They helped my daughter when she got of trail...be respectful to them and they will do the same in return. Just keep in mind, this is their business and they have to keep the clientele happy and give them the best experience possible. Go in with attitude and you may get treated differently then some of us. It wouldn't be any different if you walked into any business and tried to use everything they had without asking.

I was very polite when asking if there was a cabin up to. I was told yes but only for tours and it would be appreciated if me and my family didn't go there to warm up. I am not complaining i understand it's their cabin and thay make the rules.

Top Bottom