PAR head for 600 pro

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
considered buying the combo kit from brad at power addiction this summer, slp pipe, can, head and pcv. decided to ditch idea because of lack of knowledge of the head (13.1). Anyone got any experience with the head on the 600? As always i start the season thinking I'm good with the power i have..but after those deep pow days I'm start to change that thought a little. Doing slp's stage 3 this summer. I would buy the head now to see gains from stock. Only under hood mod is HPS can. Thinking slp kit combined with par head would be a surprising performer.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think oneoldfart on here did that to his wife's sled. Think it worked good give him a pm

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did have the PA 13.1:1 head on my wife's 2013 Pro RMK 600. Needed to run a couple gallons of av gas per tank to keep it off the det sensor. It is an improvement, but not a game changer by any means. Since then I installed a Carl's Cycle 660 big bore in the Pro - it now is pulling the same flyweights as a stock 800 (62g vs.58g), and although it doesn't have the torque of a stock 800, it certainly is a fun sled to ride and spools up instantly - kind of like riding a 125 motocross bike. Think of it as an 800 with no room for error - you have to keep it around 81-8200 RPM to be in the sweet spot. Personally, I would build another 660 before buying another 800 just for the fun factor.

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't have the money or really want to change the engine too much. Just looking for a bit of extra power (8-10 extra hp) with pipe and head combined. So do you think ill have to run a couple litres of av gas all the time even at elevation?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't have the money or really want to change the engine too much. Just looking for a bit of extra power (8-10 extra hp) with pipe and head combined. So do you think ill have to run a couple litres of av gas all the time even at elevation?
I had too run a bit of av fuel to keep the det sensor at bay - and this was at elevation, as we don't ride locally. Seat of the pants dyno said maybe a 4hp gain, & a bit better throttle response - not a large improvement over stock...

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So in your opinion, combined with the slp stage 3 do you think the gains are worth the price?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So in your opinion, combined with the slp stage 3 do you think the gains are worth the price?
In all fairness, I never used the SLP pipe, so I can't judge it. From a cost perspective, it was $1500 for pipe/head/clutching/shipping, and $2200 for the 660 kit with clutching / freight / shipping. IMO, the 660 was a better buy, & runs on pump fuel

Reaction score
I am running a 13.1 on the wifes standard RMK. at 2500-5000' Also running carls clutching and geared down to a 19T

Sled is awesome, have not hit the DET sensor once. Running Chevron 94 religiously. 37-40mph track speed, same day same hill same rider my 800 shows 43-46mph track speed.

As I have removed the 600 stickers from it most people don't believe it is a 600.......sled will go everywhere the 800's go.

The slight lack of torque is almost unnoticeable once I geared it down to a 19T.

Top Bottom