PAL/RPAL & Hunter training

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a second PAL/RPAL in the main today, Very strange, it has a 0002 for the last numbers, my original card is a 0001 so have to call in and see why I have 2 cards.
You receive the second one when you get your first restricted. Believe it has your new ATT included with it

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
first card is for your pal/ rpal. second card if you look closely is your att. make sure you keep the paper it came on it states your restrictions or allowances.
There is nothing different on the paperwork or the card except for it states that 'transportation conditions' those are the new laws that just came in. Maybe I got my card replaced so fast because there just going down the line and I only got mine 2 months ago.

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is nothing different on the paperwork or the card except for it states that 'transportation conditions' those are the new laws that just came in. Maybe I got my card replaced so fast because there just going down the line and I only got mine 2 months ago.
When u do get a restricted gun you will need the second card to transport to the range.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a second PAL/RPAL in the main today, Very strange, it has a 0002 for the last numbers, my original card is a 0001 so have to call in and see why I have 2 cards.
Is it a renewal ? The .000x numbers change with renewals and going from PAL to RPAL, or at least mine did.. mine is currently. 0005

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Val just renewed her rpal

Only one card showed up

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Is it a renewal ? The .000x numbers change with renewals and going from PAL to RPAL, or at least mine did.. mine is currently. 0005
Nope, I only had original card for 1 month this one is to go online with new transportation laws that are now effective

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here is the only change on the card other than a .0002
I’ve checked info and this is to do with the new transportation laws. They are all being reissued with the change at the bottom. Both cards had expiry of 2027/01/23. The new card replaces the old card.
7AD5FF77-B819-4049-9101-4D8341D3DA6B.jpeg

83DC49DF-6635-4BF7-9D1D-B10AEAB033FB.jpeg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
This is what is been added, must be to restricted license holders. Some more control, So the thieves now have to make sure they do this before they transport there guns. lol

Authorization to transport restricted and prohibited firearms to certain locations were automatic.Authorization to transport to a shooting range or to home after purchase remains automatic.
Re-instatement of requirement to apply for an authorization to transport restricted and prohibited firearms to a gunsmith, gun show, port of entry, and police or peace officer.
This amendment came into force on July 7, 2021.

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's correct. you only have 1 card because you don't require a att to transport since you have no restricted firearms
you can have a rpal and not use it, as soon as you get your first restricted firearm then the game changes and you have a new set of rules to follow. I have had my restricted rpal for 20+ years and never used that portion till a few years ago. thats when you requre a cfo approved restricted range pass and then you also need an att which is the second card.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
you can have a rpal and not use it, as soon as you get your first restricted firearm then the game changes and you have a new set of rules to follow. I have had my restricted rpal for 20+ years and never used that portion till a few years ago. thats when you requre a cfo approved restricted range pass and then you also need an att which is the second card.
I joined Phoenix range and sent the certificate into the RCMP about 3 weeks ago.

Top Bottom