Painting Lexan hood

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give modman a shout he just did one. was on a cat though. not sure if it will ever see the light of day again. hehe

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just get a playboy bunny and stick her on the inside..... i seen a clear hood with that and it looked cool

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A Urethane paint would be ideal if you can get some still. (Paint is going waterborn.) Just get your painter to add some flex agent to it and should be good to go.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
give modman a shout he just did one. was on a cat though. not sure if it will ever see the light of day again. hehe

Turned out wicked, went with a pearl flame.

You will never see it because you can't keep up.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use Pactra paint only on Lexan hoods!! You can buy the spray cans at any of the hobby or model shops. Takes about 10 to 12 cans to do a hood properly. But by painting the hood it will crack easier if you abuse it. I like using a clear hood and painting it just white. I've seen others where guys put designs on them and they turn out real nice. Just give the underside a nice warm soapy wash and rinse, then let it dry and apply to the inside. If you do any trimming or hole cutting try and run a fine sandpaper over the edges after. This helps to prevent cracks or fractures from starting. BR Tech has a little technical advice on painting and cutting on there website! Good Luck!

Attachments

• XC Pics. 003.jpg
    XC Pics. 003.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 109
  • XC Pics. 004.jpg
    XC Pics. 004.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
I don't know. Cause I have stock exhaust right now. Cant run the twins until I get better fuel controller or a fuel pressure regulator

Top Bottom