Painting bumpers black

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where or what product did you use or where did you have that done?

I did it myself. Plasti dip is like a rubberized paint. It comes in a rattle can or paint can. I just went down to home hardware and bought a couple rattle cans and did it in my driveway on a nice day.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=plasti+dip

people are painting whole cars, barley taping them off, they just peel off the windows and headlights. only real place they tape up is meshed grills and vents that would be hard to peel it off. A guy did his wheels and bumpers on you tube and it lasts car washes and such, used some tire cleaner and wrecked the paint, he just peeled it and re did it.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354913517.928076.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354913596.720955.jpg

I plasti dipped over my back bumper in August because the edges were chipped and rusted, I didn't sand anything just took off the bumper and sprayed plasti dip all over it, the bumper still looks as good as the day I did it but the road salt is kind of shrinking the edges of the bumper now but it's nothing noticeable. This was just temporary until I get it repainted by a body shop in the spring

Sent from a iPhone

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used plasti dip on mine. It's really durable and it literally peels off if you don't like it.

My brother in law did this. It looks good! And you right it is durable and if you put it on thick enough (that is the key) you can just peel it off.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the shop I just finsihed this 2012 2500 HD......put on the Denali lower Bumper, Took off Chrome rear tips replace with Black matching paint, Took off front and rear emblems also painted them black, then protected all front and rear bumpers, lights, hood, fenders, roof and pillars....sorry the pictures are not the best....

Attachments

• samsung Dec 2012 254.jpg
    samsung Dec 2012 254.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 94
  • samsung Dec 2012 269.jpg
    samsung Dec 2012 269.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 125
  • samsung Dec 2012 275.jpg
    samsung Dec 2012 275.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 93

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to get my superduty in there so u can work your magic new anzo headlights led light bar led fog lights bed lights and recon superduty lite up sill plates :cool::smilieicon_ford:

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I painted the bumpers from my sons 2011 3500 Chevy last year and they have held up rather well so far. Took the bumpers off, striped them and sanded the chrome with 600 wet/dry, then primed with self etching Nason primer. Two heavy coats and one light coat of black, done. No peeling but gets the usual rock chips.

higdon3

Reaction score
How much did it cost for the Denali bumpers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what to do on white?

I had my bumpers pulled off and powdercoated, should of 3m'd them like I had originally planned on for the rock chips, but the bigger piss off is the rust bleed spots coming through. The bumper was nearly brand new, had no blemishes or anything on it pre-powdercoat. Not sure what to do moving fwd with it. Frustrating after dumping money on it all!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what to do on white?

I had my bumpers pulled off and powdercoated, should of 3m'd them like I had originally planned on for the rock chips, but the bigger piss off is the rust bleed spots coming through. The bumper was nearly brand new, had no blemishes or anything on it pre-powdercoat. Not sure what to do moving fwd with it. Frustrating after dumping money on it all!

$12 can of black spray on rock guard...... can always carry with you to touch up, durable, and will take a chit kicking.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$12 can of black spray on rock guard...... can always carry with you to touch up, durable, and will take a chit kicking.

Sure it does TG.. but that doesnt help me

"Any suggestions on what to do on WHITE?"

Yea not a big fan of the look of line-x

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Sure it does TG.. but that doesnt help me

"Any suggestions on what to do on WHITE?"

Yea not a big fan of the look of line-x

okay, so I obviously was not awake...... I'm sorry..... what about white line-x?

Top Bottom